News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 09, 2019, 04:46:32 PM
It better be canon.  In fact, the end credits scenes should be the only part of that movie that is canon.

Isn't that bit contradictory?  The movie should be but then only the credits?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 10, 2019, 01:23:47 PM
Oh, the irony! It buuuuurns!

Beat me to it.  I cracked up seeing that message.  I sometimes wonder what theists think "believe" means...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 12, 2019, 01:50:34 AM
Beat me to it.  I cracked up seeing that message.  I sometimes wonder what theists think "believe" means...

I sometimes wonder what atheists think "science" means ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Cavebear on June 12, 2019, 01:46:45 AM
Isn't that bit contradictory?  The movie should be but then only the credits?
It's not contradictory.  The main plot of the movie was prevented by the time travel shenanigans during the end credits.

trdsf

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

The portal to the App Store is on our phones.
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 13, 2019, 04:11:36 AM
The portal to the App Store is on our phones.
It's a portal to another world, a world of wonder and imagination, of mystery and fun!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Munch

Love that it looks like simbas looking at harry potter with an expression of 'are you fucking kidding me?!'

Then again one could argue that these characters (except spiderman) are or do become father's themselves eventually
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Blackleaf

Batman has got to be the worst father figure in history. How many of his kid sidekicks have been beaten, murdered, or seriously injured? Why does he let them run around in bright red and yellow costumes while he has this dark, stealthy costume? Stop recruiting kids as your brightly colored distractions, you sick fuck! I don't care that their capes are bulletproof!
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 14, 2019, 12:48:21 PM
Batman has got to be the worst father figure in history. How many of his kid sidekicks have been beaten, murdered, or seriously injured? Why does he let them run around in bright red and yellow costumes while he has this dark, stealthy costume? Stop recruiting kids as your brightly colored distractions, you sick fuck! I don't care that their capes are bulletproof!

don't forget when he got robin nips on his costume.

But yeah theres a lot of argument for his parenting skills. Its not just the costumes, its what his adopted kids or 'sidekicks' end up as, one hated him so much he went of by himself, another in one adaptation was captured by the joker and was driven mad by him as a weapon against batman, and his actual biological son.. well he was already screwed up but batman didn't help much turning him into a crime fighter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq7VwEZw67g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYx109dVhJg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIbdWIACnGA
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on June 14, 2019, 02:57:16 PM
don't forget when he got robin nips on his costume.

I remember liking those movies when I was a kid. I still have some basal nostalgic draw to those shiny plastic designs. I had a Robin action figure based on this, and it was my favorite toy. Then again, I also thought those microwave Kid Cuisine meals were the most amazing thing back then. Funny what kind of standards children have.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--