News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 22, 2018, 09:28:32 PM
Absolutely.  But given PETA's history with kill shelters, I don't think I can grant them even that.

They're just self-righteous assholes who want to tell people what to eat, what to wear, etc and use compassion as a pretense.  For them, no lie is immoral if it helps advance the cause.

Even if I agreed with them on principle, I would despise their tactics.  And some of their principles (like phasing out pets, opposition to all animal testing even if it could lead to an AIDS cure, complete elimination of meat and animal products like milk and cheese), I absolutely do not agree with.

About the only thing we can both agree on is being in favor of lab-grown meat.
I would just like some evidence that PETA regards the human animal with anything like the same "compassion" that they claim to have for other animals.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

trdsf

Talk about PETA puts me in mind of this:

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hakurei Reimu

I save spiders and wasps, and even that giant moth that somehow got into the house at one point. Not because I think they feel or any such shit, but because they're neat animals and don't feel the need to destroy them, especially harmless and beneficial insects. Cockroaches and flies are on my perpetual hit-list, though. They're annoying and not good company.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on October 23, 2018, 08:23:40 AM
I save spiders and wasps, and even that giant moth that somehow got into the house at one point. Not because I think they feel or any such shit, but because they're neat animals and don't feel the need to destroy them, especially harmless and beneficial insects. Cockroaches and flies are on my perpetual hit-list, though. They're annoying and not good company.

I capture and release lizards, but most bugs or insects I find in my house are dead. My dad likes to release spiders, but I don't like getting close enough to capture those. We get those wolf spiders in this area, which are like giant jumping spiders, and they freak me the hell out. Tried killing one with a shoe once and it jumped out of the way twice. Ain't no way I'm capturing something that moves like that. And wasps can go fuck themselves. Bees are usually harmless, but wasps are mean. Occasionally, one will build a nest above my front door and chase me away when I'd try to get inside.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

trdsf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgOMiyjitjA

Alas, not really David Attenborough, but a darn good impersonation.  :)

Munch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on October 23, 2018, 08:23:40 AM

Spiders (even though I'm arachnophobic) and moths I will save, they have a use in keeping a balance in nature and even respect the little buggers.
Wasps though, no, Wasps are just cunts. They kill bees, and other productive insects.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 24, 2018, 02:43:26 AM
I capture and release lizards, but most bugs or insects I find in my house are dead. My dad likes to release spiders, but I don't like getting close enough to capture those. We get those wolf spiders in this area, which are like giant jumping spiders, and they freak me the hell out. Tried killing one with a shoe once and it jumped out of the way twice. Ain't no way I'm capturing something that moves like that. And wasps can go fuck themselves. Bees are usually harmless, but wasps are mean. Occasionally, one will build a nest above my front door and chase me away when I'd try to get inside.

See in that respect I'm lucky, we only have very basic spiders here in the UK, largest is probably house spiders but none are poisonous to humans.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on October 24, 2018, 06:40:43 AM
See in that respect I'm lucky, we only have very basic spiders here in the UK, largest is probably house spiders but none are poisonous to humans.

Black widows, brown recluses ... bad
Wolf spiders and tarantulas ... good

Yes, hornets and wasps are all assholes

Let a native brown tarantula sit on my arm 16 years ago, as big as my outstretched hand legs and all.  Had a friend who knew all about them, it was living in the bushes in front of my house, and I didn't know it was there.  Had another tarantula years earlier, jump off the roof of the garage, and land on my head (partly) as a means for it to get back down.  I figured it had climbed up the cottonwood tree, then jumped down (no silk would hold it) onto the roof, for hunting.  Then the greedy thing couldn't find a way down.  It waited until nightfall in hiding, and then opportunistically used my head as a short cut.  Didn't land dead center, I just felt this mouse size thing land on my head, which slid directly off onto the ground.  Even in the dark with no light, I could see how big that stupid bastard was!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

My nephew held a tarantula in his hand as a school trip to a wildlife center and said it was no big deal, he wasn't scared, and it just kinda tickled.

I could never do that, I can't even look at a picture of one without looking away, yet I still respect them and wish I wasn't psychologically withdrawn by them. I actually really like other things people are scared of, snakes, lizards, rats, mice, I find them fascinating and cute.

Daaawww!

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Munch on October 24, 2018, 06:38:13 AM
Wasps though, no, Wasps are just cunts. They kill bees, and other productive insects.
Depends on the species and circumstances. Wasps are universally predators, and while sometimes a bee will fall prey to one, and while wasps do occasionally raid bee nests, most of their victims are pest insects. I've found most wasps and hornets to be quite inoffensive, even docile. Yellowjackets are assholes, though. They receive no mercy.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Mike Cl

Had a bumper crop of tomatoes this year and noticed for the first time small wasps in the garden.  Found out that they lay eggs in the tomato worms, which killed them.  Left the wasps alone--had only one or two of those nasty worms this year.  Hope they are around next year.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Munch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on October 24, 2018, 11:14:23 AM
Depends on the species and circumstances. Wasps are universally predators, and while sometimes a bee will fall prey to one, and while wasps do occasionally raid bee nests, most of their victims are pest insects. I've found most wasps and hornets to be quite inoffensive, even docile. Yellowjackets are assholes, though. They receive no mercy.

I think thats what I was thinking of when referring to wasps.

all these little bastards get from me is.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Munch on October 24, 2018, 11:34:30 AM
I think thats what I was thinking of when referring to wasps.

We call those yellowjackets. When I was ten years old my family was clearing brush and I was attacked by yellowjackets and stung over thirty times. That sucked.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman