News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 15, 2018, 07:44:46 AM
  That is hilarious!  I just watched an episode of "Fake, Fact, or Fiction about videos.  Almost all are fake, so my enjoyment is more about thinking how they were faked. 

In this case, I assume the person just had a fake hat and pulled his coat collar up over his head...  I did that one Halloween when I was 10.

Not funny ... and neither were you if you scared people.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 19, 2018, 08:50:54 PM

Okay, this one I can explain.  Nuclear fusion =/= fire.  And ballparking the sun's distance based on wildly inaccurate assumptions is hilariously horrible science.

I'm playing.  A group of us elsewhere once had a month-long discussion debating what would happen if you fell through a hole through the Earth.  (and there is really only one correct answer)

But let's have a question (and those who KNOW the answer stay away).  What is the closest star to Earth?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

I actually once got into an argument with someone about whether or not the sun is a star.  I really wish I had a zinger for exactly that moment, but all that happened was my chin dropped and my eyes rolled.

Hydra009

Quote from: Cavebear on February 28, 2018, 06:51:09 PMI'm playing.  A group of us elsewhere once had a month-long discussion debating what would happen if you fell through a hole through the Earth.  (and there is really only one correct answer)
Just an educated guess, but the enormous heat and pressure would basically squash/fry the person attempting this.  Also, the rapid pressure changes would knock the person out pretty quickly.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 28, 2018, 09:59:47 PM
Just an educated guess, but the enormous heat and pressure would basically squash/fry the person attempting this.  Also, the rapid pressure changes would knock the person out pretty quickly.

Physicists rely on unrealistic simplification to understand things.  They would imagine a tube, filled with a vacuum, extending from one side of the Earth to the other, thru the core, with no thermal or other physical involvement, just gravity.  Then a baseball dropped down thru the vacuum would simply oscillate up and down the tube (assuming no friction with the walls of the tube).  It is an example of a simple harmonic oscillator.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 28, 2018, 09:55:41 PM

Some people are born retarded. And then you have folks like this who were born normal, and have since become retarded.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.