News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Happy holidays, everyone! Including our allies in Europe!  Now imma take a knee for the national anthem.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 17, 2017, 01:26:13 PM

Happy holidays, everyone! Including our allies in Europe!  Now imma take a knee for the national anthem.

Republicans: "We aren't anti-science. We just don't want scientists to say things we don't like."
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 17, 2017, 01:51:17 PMRepublicans: "We aren't anti-science. We just don't want scientists to say things we don't like."
Or pursue scientists' recommendations or acknowledge that anything they say is true.

Scientists got all these pet projects that don't really make any sense.  Millions of dollars spent on crazy stuff that haven't got anything to do with people.  Things like fruity flies in Paris France  *sneering*

Science is so shaky and subjective, anyways.  The only truth I need is right here.  *plops a KJV Bible and a 'O Reilly Factor For Kids book on the table*

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 17, 2017, 03:06:30 PM
Or pursue scientists' recommendations or acknowledge that anything they say is true.

Scientists got all these pet projects that don't really make any sense.  Millions of dollars spent on crazy stuff that haven't got anything to do with people.  Things like fruity flies in Paris France  *sneering*

Science is so shaky and subjective, anyways.  The only truth I need is right here.  *plops a KJV Bible and a copy of The 'O Reilly For Kids on the table*

It goes deeper than that.  In The Republic, one of its points against democracy, is that experts should run things, so people who are experts on politics, should run the government (the Guardians).  So just make scientists your Guardians.  This is a blessing/curse of an expert.  A policy wonk, who knows nothing to begin with ... is just a curse.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

trdsf

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 19, 2017, 06:05:43 PM

I love Obvious Plant -- it dances a wonderful line between subversive and absurdist.  I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but I wonder if creator Jeff Wysaski was inspired by the Illuminatus! trilogy's Markoff Chaney, who engaged in similar activity.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Shiranu

Hydra009

Hey NBC, you gotta check out this article from NBC.  Those guys do a way better job reporting things than you guys.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on December 14, 2017, 09:35:43 PM
In the 1972 version.  There have been several versions.

In the 1940 version, Walter Brennan played the judge.  A young Gary Cooper stole the show however.
Ah, yes, forgot about that one, but I've only seen it once, so I forgive myself for forgetting. Walter Brennan's been one of my favorite actors, just because my name also is Walter.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 15, 2017, 02:18:12 AM
Fucking Republicans. All their policies can be summed up as "make the rich and powerful even more rich and powerful."
People claim they believe in God, but the only God I ever see being worshipped is Money, the ubiquitous God.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 22, 2017, 04:36:23 PM
Ah, yes, forgot about that one, but I've only seen it once, so I forgive myself for forgetting. Walter Brennan's been one of my favorite actors, just because my name also is Walter.

Somehow I don't believe you ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.