News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

I don't ever recall problems written as suck, we were taught memorization so the questions were tricky such as
What is 2x5?
Oh yeah smarty pants...whats 5x2? huh? HUH?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hydra009

On a lighter note:

She has a point with Raiders (though the Ark wouldn't have been placed in US custody), but he does free the child-slaves in Temple of Doom and if Indy had never been in Last Crusade, then either Donovan would have either never gotten the Grail or would have died promply thereafter.  And if Indy hadn't have been in Crystal Skull, it still wouldn't have made any sense.

So, there you have it.  Indy is 2 out of 4 at best in saving the day.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 14, 2014, 03:20:48 PM
On a lighter note:

She has a point with Raiders (though the Ark wouldn't have been placed in US custody), but he does free the child-slaves in Temple of Doom and if Indy had never been in Last Crusade, then either Donovan would have either never gotten the Grail or would have died promply thereafter.  And if Indy hadn't have been in Crystal Skull, it still wouldn't have made any sense.

Indy couldn't upstage God, now could he? The Big Guy got the last laugh against the Nazis.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

Wut wood jayzez due?

I probably should have mentioned this was on a sign in front of a baptist hospital here in Columbia South Carolina..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 14, 2014, 03:20:48 PM
On a lighter note:

I've given this much thought since I saw that episode.

Indy stalled the Nazis over and over.  He never actually stopped them, but he impeded their efforts until they were desperate enough to open it prematurely.

Also by stalling them over and over, he managed to place himself where he would be able to collect the ark at the end.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 14, 2014, 12:18:25 PM

Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?

My degree is in Math.  I know the subject very well.  The other day for fun I worked on plotting a four dimensional parabola simply using complex numbers for y=x^2.

When my son is doing his common core homework, my wife usually is able to help but occasionally has to turn to me when I come home from work.  I study the problem, and while at first I say "what the heck are they doing?" I then figure it out and then say "why the heck are they doing it this way?"

Last year when doing fractional inequalities, I saw their method (drawing a number line - yeah, counting on the drawing skills of 3rd graders) and said "oh hell no."  I then taught him how to find a common denominator.  The teacher saw my son doing that and then had to teach it to all the rest of the class to keep them up with him.  She both complimented and complained that I did that.  Apparently she didn't like what she was required to teach them.

The same can be said of his 4th grade homework.  Doing it the right way is stressed even more than the previous method by which math is taught.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Green Bottle

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

GrinningYMIR

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 15, 2014, 07:23:50 PM
Are NSFW images allowed?
You'd have to use the spoiler code first of all, but it depends on what it is if it would be even too out of line for that.