News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Hydra009

...and that's why your half-orc character has two dads.

Green Bottle

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Hydra009

Hydra009

Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 14, 2014, 12:18:25 PM

Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
Wait. Am I missing something? Why does this kid have a 1 out of 8? He should have an 8/8

Solitary

I think it was because he was smarter than the teacher when he got the answer two different ways. I had teachers like that even in high school. They think you are being a smart ass and disrespectful.  Which was true in my case.  :eek:

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hydra009

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 14, 2014, 12:23:22 PMWait. Am I missing something? Why does this kid have a 1 out of 8? He should have an 8/8
Because the teacher actually flunked, not the student.

aitm

I think she wanted the rows of columns to be the first set and the count to be the second. IF this was mentioned then it would be part of the critical thinking part, although I think it's pretty candy ass.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 14, 2014, 12:46:12 PM
Because the teacher actually flunked, not the student.
The student was supposed to put the numbers in the right way. If you look at the teacher's notes you'll see what he did "wrong". I suspect he flunked for not following instructions. (No approval of that kind of teaching implied.)
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: aitm on October 14, 2014, 01:05:17 PM
I think she wanted the rows of columns to be the first set and the count to be the second. IF this was mentioned then it would be part of the critical thinking part, although I think it's pretty candy ass.
I was taught you can change the order without problem. But that in the '60s.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 14, 2014, 01:06:53 PM
I was taught you can change the order without problem. But that in the '60s.
I was taught the same thing in the 90s. Must have been a recent development in education.

Solitary

I had a chemistry teacher flunk me on a test where I had all the answers correct, but my punctuation was bad. It still is.  :redface: I'm like Richard Feynman and just can't talk or write correctly for whatever reason. Some teachers, my sister-in-law included, are insufferable pendants, like so many on forums. :fU: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 14, 2014, 01:08:36 PM
I was taught the same thing in the 90s. Must have been a recent development in education.
I suspect she/he really didn't know there was a problem with the system.
PZ Myers