News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

We've done it lads, we have become an equal society; we have acknowledged that gays can commit war crimes just as good as the straights. <3 <3 <3

(Disclaimer: I realize most military personal are not involved in combat, it's a joke about celebrating equality in an organization who's primary role is to destroy and kill)
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on April 30, 2021, 02:01:53 PM
We've done it lads, we have become an equal society; we have acknowledged that gays can commit war crimes just as good as the straights. <3 <3 <3
Be the change you want to see in the world.  *tongue firmly in cheek*

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

drunkenshoe

Posted by a Brit to Brits after one of those American youth are stupid videos,lol.

https://youtu.be/0-eU7C2VsJM
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

If you get a group that's out of grade school the results might be better?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Honestly, I don't like these kinds of videos. But in that convo it was really funny ...and you know what, this would be the result in every European country. But it is always American vids...So the poster was annoyed about that too. After all teenagers, man. We have all been there.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

*remembers being a teen and being brutally drilled on geography and history, having to do quizzes where I had to label every central/south American country from the top of my head.  <70% was a failing grade, so getting less than 8 out of 10 right was considered "stupid"*

Gawdzilla Sama

"How can you have pudding if you don't eat your meat!"
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 02, 2021, 11:38:46 AM
*remembers being a teen and being brutally drilled on geography and history, having to do quizzes where I had to label every central/south American country from the top of my head.  <70% was a failing grade, so getting less than 8 out of 10 right was considered "stupid"*
I remember the same.  Plus we had to know all the states and their capitols. 

I do remember reading a study of a country labeling test given to the West Point cadets.  What stuck with me was that 5% mislabeled The Soviet Union!  This was approx. 30 yrs. ago.  How could any West Point cadet not know where the Soviet Union was in those days?????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?