News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

You can't make me feel guilty for something I had no say in.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 30, 2020, 06:10:24 PM
We are all under a sentence of death for the crime of having been born.

Correct.  Death is the best.  You can vote Dem in every election ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 30, 2020, 06:46:10 PM
You can't make me feel guilty for something I had no say in.

True.  But many people have no morals or conscience anyway.  Such are the sociopaths.  They can't feel guilty no matter what they do.  That particular mental illness is no piece of cake.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Well, I admit to having killed a few hundred people, but they needed it.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: aitm on November 30, 2020, 07:26:37 PM
Darwin Award....at least a runner up.
The best part is that they could easily hang the hold on top of the plastic part instead of the metal prongs.  So it's 100% intentionally dangerous.

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 30, 2020, 10:19:54 PM
The best part is that they could easily hang the hold on top of the plastic part instead of the metal prongs.  So it's 100% intentionally dangerous.
Looks like a hot dog cooker to me.

Cassia

Speaking of Darwin, did you know the Beagle was changed from a brig to a bark?  Such a beautiful little ship.

Unbeliever

Last year I read a Darwin bio. I think that picture was on the cover. It was one of the best I've read. I learned a lot about barnacles.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

It's all fun and games until they shoot a pillar of light into the sky.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 30, 2020, 11:07:54 PM
Last year I read a Darwin bio. I think that picture was on the cover. It was one of the best I've read. I learned a lot about barnacles.

Did you know that people thought they were some kind of bird eggs in olden times?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 30, 2020, 09:38:14 PM

Aside from the meme, I found that pic interesting. It's too perfect. That's a pretty old pic, isn't it? The phone is old, the woman is young. I just thought looking at it, they probably couldn't find a pic of a young woman knitting, let alone one talking on a smart phone while knitting. But then look at her hair and her dress. In this context, her dress indicates she's been to a funeral, I guess another reason for the choice, or I'm over interpreting. Her hair goes with the funeral theme but then thinking that this is a real photograph what was that woman realy doing while that pic was taken. Is that a last minute, home made Halloween costume for an evil misstress in an old orphanage? Is she trying to show someone how to do it quickly before leaving the house for the party. Is she getting instructions about her knitting from the phone after attending her gran's funeral? So many questions.

AAAnd glad to notice here, right now that this is something even the pandemic couldn't change in me. The urge of analysing nonsensical stuff obesessively. Yaaaaay!
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

The youngish lady knitting is to symbolize "I've done everything else I can think of doing..." Nothing surprising about a old woman knitting, as Sylvester's old human taught me in the early '60s.
PZ Myers

GSOgymrat

I went through my knitting/needlepoint/macrame phase as a kid. This was back in the 70s when football player Rosey Grier was doing it.

It helped me realize that "girl things" and "boy things" are arbitrary. There is nothing inherently feminine about creating textiles