News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

The penguins are saying "Oh, isn't that a wee one!"
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

Quote from: Cassia on June 24, 2020, 09:17:09 AM
[spoiler][/spoiler]
You could sub in 'MAGA' for 'Jesus' and still have a valid cartoon... ;)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Gawdzilla Sama

I like to remind Christians that the first penis in Mary's vagina was her son's.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Conveying food safety rules as part of the encompassing ancient religions had utility. Or should I say it was kosher. It becomes humorous as times changed but the writing on scrolls persisted into digital bits

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on June 25, 2020, 11:14:53 PM
In Spam We Trust ;-)
Quote from: Cassia on June 26, 2020, 08:18:21 AM
Conveying food safety rules as part of the encompassing ancient religions had utility. Or should I say it was kosher. It becomes humorous as times changed but the writing on scrolls persisted into digital bits
Religious rules supplemented royal edicts in the old days. If you don't want the peasants to eat their "tractors" then you declare them holy, like in India.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Hindu rules on cows (because of Hinduism) are related to those by Persians (because of Zoroastrianism).  The two peoples are anciently related.  Per Zoroaster, it is because of compassion for the suffering of animals, that one shouldn't eat cows.  But it did have practical utility.  The domestication of cows, thousands of years ago, for babies who are not lactose intolerant, has saved countless children past their 5th birthday.

Not all Hindus are vegetarian, and they used to make an exception for ancient kings, with their horse sacrifice under the direction of the brahmins.  Jains take the no-harm principle to its maximum, otherwise there would be no chicken curry.

On the cartoon ... is that you Rev. Jonathan Edwards?  He had a famous hell-fire sermon comparing humanity to a spider held over a flame.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan