News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 03, 2020, 09:41:18 AM
My kingdom for imgfit.
Yeah, what's up with that?  I find if I post images from my phone, they're positively gigantic on this forum.  So I have to hop on my desktop to reverse image search a smaller replacement.

Previously, I could just post whatever and the forum software would make it fit.  That was a super nice feature.  Is there a way to get it back?

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 03, 2020, 12:41:22 PM
Yeah, what's up with that?  I find if I post images from my phone, they're positively gigantic on this forum.  So I have to hop on my desktop to reverse image search a smaller replacement.

Previously, I could just post whatever and the forum software would make it fit.  That was a super nice feature.  Is there a way to get it back?

I opened the included picture as a separate window, and my browser took care of sizing.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on June 03, 2020, 01:46:57 PM
I opened the included picture as a separate window, and my browser took care of sizing.
Sometimes. Still a pita.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 30, 2020, 08:35:10 PM
I like this assumption that the only people who believe in evolution are atheists.

Do you guys remember the religious nut who kept posting home made 'human evolution tree' maps with pasted bible figures' names on them yeeears ago? (Not Joseph.) I can't remember his nick.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Blackleaf

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 03, 2020, 03:08:15 PM
Do you guys remember the religious nut who kept posting home made 'human evolution tree' maps with pasted bible figures' names on them yeeears ago? (Not Joseph.) I can't remember his nick.

Don't think I was here for that. Sounds hilarious.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 30, 2020, 08:46:52 PM
That's really the root assumption holding the whole thing together.  If evolution is no longer viewed as a threat to religion or as a competing religion, creationsts no longer have a vested interest in denying it.

On the assumption of how reasonable and rational creationists are? There are countless creationists, religious people who deny not just evolution, tons of other scientific facts used in technology but enjoy their fruits in daily life to the fullest.

For example, they define quantum physics, LHC experiements as playing god/challenging god and condemn it as blasphemy, but they've been using all the products that comes out of nanotehcnology. MRs, smartphones...all kinds of high tech gadgets.

It's never been a threat to them. Their agenda is about identity, politics. There is a difference between rhetorics, propaganda and real life. And they know this pretty well. We just keep underestimating them.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 03, 2020, 03:18:11 PM
Don't think I was here for that. Sounds hilarious.

LOL Yeah. I'll never forget him. That was educating for me. That and a man in the old, big physics forum who wrote pages and pages and pages trying to prove in detail, how all dino fossils were faked and burried by Jewish people. Gawd. That was my first experience with that kind of crazy. I didn't even know then that it was a common thing. Those Jews and their dinosaurs. Ah...I almost miss those people.

Shiranu

On a related note, remember when Fox News was criticizing the Pope for talking about climate change because he wasn't a scientist and should leave it to the experts (like Tucker Carlson, Bill O'Riley, et. al.)?

Yeah, no one seemed to point out he has a degree in chemistry and was working as a scientist before becoming a Jesuit.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

My rule of thumb is that if cucker can talk about it, anyone can talk about it.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 06, 2020, 04:08:58 PM

On a related note, remember when Fox News was criticizing the Pope for talking about climate change because he wasn't a scientist and should leave it to the experts (like Tucker Carlson, Bill O'Riley, et. al.)?

Yeah, no one seemed to point out he has a degree in chemistry and was working as a scientist before becoming a Jesuit.

I don't believe any college graduate ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

So friends came by yesterday -- we had to do some shopping, and then picked up some really good carryout to eat at my place.  I was reminded to make sure the table was prepared for dining (as it usually has piles of stuff on it).  I of course couldn't leave it at merely that.  :D

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

trdsf

The rainbow/tiedye items are gifts from her; the glassware (other than the cocktail glasses) are from my own uranium glass collection.

So, radioactive shrooms.  XD
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan