News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Not in the days when TV remote controls were named "Johnny", or "Kate" or "Dumbass".
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 21, 2020, 03:53:55 PM
Not in the days when TV remote controls were named "Johnny", or "Kate" or "Dumbass".
I didn't have a tv remote (well I had a little brother) until my middle ages.  All we had was a dial on the tv set itself.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 21, 2020, 07:11:01 PM
I didn't have a tv remote (well I had a little brother) until my middle ages.  All we had was a dial on the tv set itself.

When I was a kid, our console TV had controls on top, where the cat slept.  She would change the channel, kicking her feet in a dream, whether we wanted to change the channel or not ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 21, 2020, 07:11:01 PM
Yeah, I remember having to hold the rabbit ears for better reception.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 21, 2020, 09:42:34 PM
Yeah, I remember having to hold the rabbit ears for better reception.
We were about fifty miles from the broadcast antennas so a pole mounted antenna was required. I remember going outside and turning it to get one station or another in clearly.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Sherlock Holmes, everyone.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 22, 2020, 06:03:55 AM
We were about fifty miles from the broadcast antennas so a pole mounted antenna was required. I remember going outside and turning it to get one station or another in clearly.
Ah, the good old days!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 22, 2020, 11:48:29 AM
Ah, the good old days!

Plus you had to have UHF and VHF antennas. Anything above "13" required that second antenna. That was our PBS station out of Indianapolis. Ah, commercial free tv.
PZ Myers

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers