News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 15, 2019, 06:32:44 PM
Isn't that what the spice was - worm shit?

Their babies hatch out in patches of Spice.  Spice is concentrated and spread by living worms.  Spice is produced by dying worms.  They eat sand plankton which are attracted by Spice masses.  Baby worms hatch preferentially in these Spice masses, because the sand plankton is concentrated there.  Like the people, exposure to the Spice, causes its concentration in the bodies of the worms.

Technically, on Earth, soil isn't worm shit.  The Earth worms help develop soil in a complicated way ... partly based on sand, clay, water and humus provided by the decay of living things, including worms.  If you want to fertilize your own house plants by shitting on them, have at it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

The soil is the matrix that holds the nutrients the plants needs. So you can shit on the soil, mix it properly, and fertilize your plants. "Night soil" was one of the earliest fertilizers.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 16, 2019, 06:21:45 AM
The soil is the matrix that holds the nutrients the plants needs. So you can shit on the soil, mix it properly, and fertilize your plants. "Night soil" was one of the earliest fertilizers.

In rural Japan that was all they had.  But if I catch you at night, out on your lawn, shitting on it like the neighbor's dog, I will call the cops ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Popeye's shrimp is worth dying for, the chicken isn't all that special.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Blackleaf

Theme song for the new Charlie's Angels: "Don't Call Me Angel." That kind of self-contradiction was all I needed to know the movie was going to be a poorly thought out, incompetently written, cash grab relying on nostalgia to succeed. Well, that and I was never really fond of the original show anyway. It was before my time, and nothing in the trailer attracted me to this version.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 19, 2019, 03:53:29 PM
Theme song for the new Charlie's Angels: "Don't Call Me Angel." That kind of self-contradiction was all I needed to know the movie was going to be a poorly thought out, incompetently written, cash grab relying on nostalgia to succeed. \
Just like the originals.
PZ Myers

Munch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 19, 2019, 04:03:32 PM
Just like the originals.

The appeal of the original was sex appeal, easy sell, and people kept coming back.
Rebooting that theme and telling men, the target audience, that their pigs isn't going to sell tickets.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Munch on November 19, 2019, 04:55:22 PM
The appeal of the original was sex appeal, easy sell, and people kept coming back.
Rebooting that theme and telling men, the target audience, that their pigs isn't going to sell tickets.
The originals were, in point of fact, just tits and ass, so I don't give them a bye. I guess my problem was coming back to the US every few years and seeing what was popular on the boob (sorry) tube. Didn't make me want to come home again soon.
PZ Myers