News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

What's it called if the duck's name is Howard?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

LOL, yeah that cute but 'evil' goose look. They didn't need to put a knife.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 13, 2019, 08:07:54 PMThat's a Russian battlecruiser.
Yep, looks very familiar: 

Kirov-class reporting.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on October 13, 2019, 08:48:56 PM
Joke aside, I think he might actually have been humming Darude - Sandstorm.
It blows my mind that you can even begin to answer that question.  For me, that was like asking where a specific beach is by describing it as sandy and salty.

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 13, 2019, 08:57:02 PM
It blows my mind that you can even begin to answer that question.  For me, that was like asking where a specific beach is by describing it as sandy and salty.

I may be dead wrong, some of the structure isn't quite right (should be 5 instead of 4 duns), but it does look a lot like he was going for either the first verse or even some of the chorus. If I was to describe Sandstorm, that would have been roughly how I would of "translated" it as. Without a beat, it's really hard to guess what he is hearing in his head.

I listen to way too much electronic music. It's one of the few things my mind actually seems to be able to grasp easily, so I tend to focus on it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on October 14, 2019, 02:17:17 AM
I may be dead wrong, some of the structure isn't quite right (should be 5 instead of 4 duns), but it does look a lot like he was going for either the first verse or even some of the chorus. If I was to describe Sandstorm, that would have been roughly how I would of "translated" it as. Without a beat, it's really hard to guess what he is hearing in his head.

I listen to way too much electronic music. It's one of the few things my mind actually seems to be able to grasp easily, so I tend to focus on it.
My grandson introduced me to it.  I find I love it.  For me it makes perfect background music when I'm using my computer for other stuff than gaming. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Imho, I'm pretty sure they cheat a little bit.