News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Seems like a tautology. I guess my liver would say that my liver is the most important organ - except that my liver can't say anything, but my brain can.   LOL
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Hmmm...I don't think I've ever seen  Klingon baby. I think maybe they're all teeth. Probably kind of hard on the Klingon moms who have to breast-feed them!
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 11, 2019, 06:01:36 PM
Hmmm...I don't think I've ever seen  Klingon baby. I think maybe they're all teeth. Probably kind of hard on the Klingon moms who have to breast-feed them!

Evolution requires Moms to be designed for the job.  Otherwise there wouldn't be more Klingons.

Hydra009

Hmmm...I don't think I've ever seen  Klingon baby.
TNG-era Worf?  ðŸ˜,

Before someone disputes this, pick a random episode and watch this guy cry in his prune juice about Alexander or throw a temper tantrum about some perceived slight.  But he grew a lot as a person in late TNG episodes and DS9.

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 11, 2019, 06:09:01 PM
TNG-era Worf?  ðŸ˜,

Before someone disputes this, pick a random episode and watch this guy cry in his prune juice about Alexander or throw a temper tantrum about some perceived slight.  But he got a grew a lot as a person in late TNG episodes and DS9.

You never know about hybrids.  That's why they tend to die off.  That Worf existed meant his parents were able to nuture him,  Maybe his baby-bottle has really rugged nipples.  Or he had no teeth.

Shiranu

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 11, 2019, 03:23:59 AM
True dragons can speak, so it wouldn't be that difficult to communicate that you mean no harm. Plus, you'd likely be protected as an endangered species. In the event some trophy hunter decides to attempt to kill you anyway, your hide would be really hard. It's basically natural armor. Other benefits include a ridiculously long lifespan (in D&D, they live for several thousands of years), and you never feel the effects of age, even in your final year of life. You will feel the urge to hoard gold (or other treasures, depending on your color), but since you'd basically be a celebrity, it'd be pretty easy to earn it.

I would be more concerned about governments hunting you, particularly if you have any sort of magical ability.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on September 11, 2019, 06:04:31 PM
Evolution requires Moms to be designed for the job.  Otherwise there wouldn't be more Klingons.

Tough titty, said the kitty - bring on the Klingon babies! LOL
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 11, 2019, 06:31:58 PM
Tough titty, said the kitty - bring on the Klingon babies! LOL

Good one.  Kittens do have teeth,  Ouch!

Blackleaf

Quote from: Shiranu on September 11, 2019, 06:27:49 PM
I would be more concerned about governments hunting you, particularly if you have any sort of magical ability.

The government might consider a friendly dragon to be an asset to be used, but a dragon would also receive a ton of public attention. If that dragon were to suddenly go missing, people would notice. It would probably be in a government's best interests to remain on good terms with that dragon, if they want to make use of its abilities (and avoid being the target of them). That, and wait for it to die so they could study its remains, although that would likely be a very long wait.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 11, 2019, 06:41:52 PM
The government might consider a friendly dragon to be an asset to be used, but a dragon would also receive a ton of public attention. If that dragon were to suddenly go missing, people would notice. It would probably be in a government's best interests to remain on good terms with that dragon, if they want to make use of its abilities (and avoid being the target of them). That, and wait for it to die so they could study its remains, although that would likely be a very long wait.

Um, OK...

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Worf's son Alexander was on Star Trek.  A kid, not a baby.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 11, 2019, 06:04:31 PM

But do Klingon twin embryos have to fight it out, like Jacob and Esau?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.