News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

I never had a conversation with the y-donor, ever.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2019, 08:51:42 PM
Talk about an odd couple!

Mongols - largest land empire ever.

Spanish - largest multi-land empire ever.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 01, 2019, 05:12:32 PM
Not that different from my adopted father. Just another loser who did what he wanted and to hell with his "family."

Explains a lot.  This is why we need good fathers.  We don't need bad mothers either.  We need good ones.  Too bad the Left is in a vengeance plot, want to destroy marriage and parenting.  Hitler had parent problems too.  Go have a cry with him.

i'm adopted.  Natural parents did the right thing.  Had good enough adoptive parents in spite of their many problems.  Marriage and parenting isn't for losers.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on September 01, 2019, 06:58:45 PM
Explains a lot.  This is why we need good fathers.  We don't need bad mothers either.  We need good ones.  Too bad the Left is in a vengeance plot, want to destroy marriage and parenting.  Hitler had parent problems too.  Go have a cry with him.

i'm adopted.  Natural parents did the right thing.  Had good enough adoptive parents in spite of their many problems.  Marriage and parenting isn't for losers.

if my mother told me on her deathbed I was adopted, while it be a shock on a biological level, it wouldn't matter, because she raised me and my brother with love and attention, gave us both the best in life to carry on, and a lot of positivity thats carried on into the next generation on my brother side.

doesn't matter if there biological or adoptive, families family.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/0.999...

Fun fact: I got into an argument about this back in the day.  I tried to visualize it for him as a pie, cut into three pieces, each representing 33.333333333% of the pie.  Multiply the slices by three and you do indeed get the whole pie, it's just written down in a counter-intuitive way.

His reply?  He insulted my intelligence and maintained the opposite to the bitter end, initially winning over about half the posters but later dwindling to a few holdouts over the course of a few weeks.  Tears were never so juicy.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 01, 2019, 06:58:45 PM

Your idea that "The Left" wants to destroy marriage is just plain wrong.  Give evidence for that nonsense.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on September 01, 2019, 07:49:17 PM
if my mother told me on her deathbed I was adopted, while it be a shock on a biological level, it wouldn't matter, because she raised me and my brother with love and attention, gave us both the best in life to carry on, and a lot of positivity thats carried on into the next generation on my brother side.

doesn't matter if there biological or adoptive, families family.

When Ripley saved Newt in 'Aliens' and fought hard to save her and eventually did, Newt called Ripley "Mommy".  That was not a casual statement.  Ripley fulfilled all the demands of parenthood.  She risked her life to retrieve Newt from the Alien, fought hard to get them to safety, and beat it away. 

I understand that a lot of Daddyhood and Mommyhood is biological, but sometimes it is who keeps you safe and cares for you.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 03, 2019, 01:37:36 AM
Your idea that "The Left" wants to destroy marriage is just plain wrong.  Give evidence for that nonsense.

Spectrum of Sociopathy:
LEFT - destroy self, self-group
RIGHT - destroy other, other-group

So yes, by definition, the LEFT (not your liberals) are self destructive.  They kill their families, friends, employers, governments ... themselves.  The RIGHT (not your conservatives) is just like that, they kill other families, other friends, other employers, other governments ... others.

So you will argue, there are no LEFT or RIGHT.  And you would be right.  There are just a great many rotten human beings.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 03, 2019, 02:07:55 AM
Spectrum of Sociopathy:
LEFT - destroy self, self-group
RIGHT - destroy other, other-group

So yes, by definition, the LEFT (not your liberals) are self destructive.  They kill their families, friends, employers, governments ... themselves.  The RIGHT (not your conservatives) is just like that, they kill other families, other friends, other employers, other governments ... others.

So you will argue, there are no LEFT or RIGHT.  And you would be right.  There are just a great many rotten human beings.

OK  I give up.  You are "just plain nuts".

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Cavebear

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust