News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

It's "marshal law", just sayin'. Or "martial law" depending on the country.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Is there an American Marshall Plan? Or is it a martial plan?

I may have noted that I fully expect Trump to declare martial law before he leaves the White House.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 17, 2019, 01:54:30 PM
Is there an American Marshall Plan? Or is it a martial plan?
When George Catlett Marshall retired from US Army Chief of Staff Harry S. Truman ask him to oversee the relief efforts to Europe. This was generically called "the Marshall Plan".
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Oh, I wasn't really asking anything, just making fun of Baruch's inability to spell it correctly.
God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 17, 2019, 03:17:10 PM
Oh, I wasn't really asking anything, just making fun of Baruch's inability to spell it correctly.
Ach! Alles klar. Danke.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 17, 2019, 12:41:09 PM
It's "marshal law", just sayin'. Or "martial law" depending on the country.

I was quoting Drunkenshoe.  And stupid Brits can't spell.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on July 17, 2019, 04:08:46 PM
I didn't care if you were quoting someone else or not.
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

I tried making an all vegan meal once, but there just wasn't enough meat on them.
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Lol, it is my mistake, not Baruch's. Probably, I thought I was writing 'martial'. (Like writing 'your' for you're.)

Quote from: Baruch on July 17, 2019, 04:08:46 PM

Pffft... Typing martial as marshall indicates an American kind of mistake. My middle eastern ass says hi.

And NO, you are NOT under soft martial law, because firstly, there is no such thing as 'soft' martial law, it is an oxymoron. Secondly, when there is 'martial law', there is only martial law. That's the whole point of it. Like you don't know.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 18, 2019, 08:10:57 AM
Lol, it is my mistake, not Baruch's. Probably, I thought I was writing 'martial'. (Like writing 'your' for you're.)

Pffft... Typing martial as marshall indicates an American kind of mistake. My middle eastern ass says hi.

And NO, you are NOT under soft martial law, because firstly, there is no such thing as 'soft' martial law, it is an oxymoron. Secondly, when there is 'martial law', there is only martial law. That's the whole point of it. Like you don't know.

I beg to differ.  Reality isn't black and white.  Don't want "hard" martial law.  If we do, we get to conquer the world, and force everyone to spell by American standards, not Brit standards ;-)  BTW - I consider GB to be under greater tyranny than the US ... but then they are a monarchy with an unwritten constitution.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 18, 2019, 08:10:57 AM

In Baruchistan the police martial you!
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Power resides where men believe it resides.  It's a trick, a shadow on the wall.