News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 13, 2019, 05:02:01 PM
A lot of parents have their babies circumcised. Not for religious reasons, just because. I believe it initially started with doctors claiming it would make boys masturbate less (pfft), because of course masturbation is evil. Years later, the tradition just stuck because people are slow to change.

We hope they are slow to change.  Rapid change is called ... cancer.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Damn.  Was there a black woman underneath the suit?

...too soon?

Blackleaf

I hadn't heard about this Red Stormtrooper thing before. It's a bit weird, but this isn't the first time the Disney movies gave us new Stormtrooper designs. These will probably be just as insignificant from a storytelling perspective as the previous ones. Just another new design to sell toys.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 14, 2019, 06:56:22 PM
I hadn't heard about this Red Stormtrooper thing before. It's a bit weird, but this isn't the first time the Disney movies gave us new Stormtrooper designs. These will probably be just as insignificant from a storytelling perspective as the previous ones. Just another new design to sell toys.
Were the black ones in "Rogue One" new or not?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Blackleaf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 14, 2019, 08:29:55 PM
Were the black ones in "Rogue One" new or not?

Yep. Didn't amount to much in that movie, either. They just kinda showed up. The black Stormtroopers appear to be bodyguards for high ranking officials, and are supposedly a higher rank than the standard white Stormtrooper. The red Stormtroopers are probably pretty similar. No idea why they have "Sith" in the name, though. I thought Kylo Ren was a Dark Side Force user, not a Sith specifically. Maybe it'll be explained in the movie, maybe not. I find it hard to care about Disney's Star Wars these days, and that's coming from someone who enjoys the prequels.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 14, 2019, 09:03:30 PMNo idea why they have "Sith" in the name, though. I thought Kylo Ren was a Dark Side Force user, not a Sith specifically.
Correct.  Neither Kylo Ren nor Snoke are Sith.  The only Sith that we know of in the Galactic Empire Era were/are Palpatine and Anakin.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 15, 2019, 12:41:00 AM
Correct.  Neither Kylo Ren nor Snoke are Sith.  The only Sith that we know of in the Galactic Empire Era were/are Palpatine and Anakin.
Darth Maul?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 15, 2019, 08:09:44 AM
Darth Maul?
He died.  Twice, confusingly enough.

I would have included him, but he died well before the Empire was established in the movies.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 15, 2019, 08:31:07 AM

I would have included him, but he died well before the Empire was established in the movies.
By the time the empire was created, he didn't see himself as a sith anymore. Also, he was trained more as a sith assassin than a true sith.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 15, 2019, 08:31:07 AM

Don't pay that much attention to the timelines.
PZ Myers