Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: Shiranu on June 07, 2019, 07:50:39 PM

The moon...

Is part...

Of Mars.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I had to go to Trump's official Twitter to confirm this was real. How the fuck? Even children know the difference between the moon and Mars. How could anyone, ESPECIALLY the President of the United States, possibly be this stupid?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
--Fulke Greville--

Shiranu

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 07, 2019, 08:19:01 PM
I had to go to Trump's official Twitter to confirm this was real. How the fuck? Even children know the difference between the moon and Mars. How could anyone, ESPECIALLY the President of the United States, possibly be this stupid?

My hope is that he meant going to the Moon is a part of going to Mars; for example, using it as a launch point for larger space craft, since the energy required to leave the gravitational pull of the surface would be significantly lower than it would be for an Earth launch.

However the fact that the first half of his post is talking about how we shouldn't be talking about the moon kinda makes me doubt that's what he meant.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 07, 2019, 08:19:01 PM
Remember when Obama said "a asteriod" and it was a kinda funny but mild slipup?  Good times.

Hydra009

He's becoming more like Stark everyday.

Baruch

Wasn't RDJr in a motorcycle crash in Italy last year.  Maybe he paid too much for the muffler.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Something bad must have happened to him in the 90s.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

I haven't seen it yet, and judging by the reviews, I likely won't for a very long time.

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 08, 2019, 06:44:39 PM

I haven't seen it yet, and judging by the reviews, I likely won't for a very long time.

I obviously understand why, but why they didn't just end the FOX X-Men at "Logan" is still kinda beyond me. Sure, you can squeeze a few more dollars out of it, but why not go out with your head held high on a triumphant movie instead of taking a shit on any legacy you might have been able to create?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

"Dark Phoenix ends an era of the X-Men franchise by taking a second stab at adapting a classic comics arc -- with deeply disappointing results." https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dark_phoenix

When was the X-men NOT deeply disappointing.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 08, 2019, 06:58:21 PM
I obviously understand why, but why they didn't just end the FOX X-Men at "Logan" is still kinda beyond me. Sure, you can squeeze a few more dollars out of it, but why not go out with your head held high on a triumphant movie instead of taking a shit on any legacy you might have been able to create?

We find something to agree on. Logan should have been an end to it. Maybe with that and deadpool. Dark phoenix is meant to be one of the x-mens best storylines, it was nicely adapted into the cartoon series in the 90s, and yet they've fully fucked over one of the best story archs in x-men twice now.

maybe disney can do better, but I don't hold out hope, unless they get a good director on board.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on June 08, 2019, 09:21:44 PM
We find something to agree on. Logan should have been an end to it. Maybe with that and deadpool. Dark phoenix is meant to be one of the x-mens best storylines, it was nicely adapted into the cartoon series in the 90s, and yet they've fully fucked over one of the best story archs in x-men twice now.

maybe disney can do better, but I don't hold out hope, unless they get a good director on board.

Your right, I forgot about Deadpool.

I am not overly optimistic about them taking X-Men to a great place either though, given their current... issues... with the Star Wars franchise.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Shiranu on June 08, 2019, 09:44:29 PM
Your right, I forgot about Deadpool.

I am not overly optimistic about them taking X-Men to a great place either though, given their current... issues... with the Star Wars franchise.

I can't remember who, but one of the big wigs who bring the MCU to life have expressed interest in keeping Deadpool as part of their universe. He said to merge the two, they'd have to tone down Deadpool for obvious reasons, but his standalone movies would theoretically keep the same tone as the last two movies. Although Deadpool 2 was kinda underwhelming, repeating too much of what Deadpool 1 did, I do hope we get a third. I particularly want to know if the part at the end was canon, with you-know-who being alive, or if that was just the writers having fun. Part of me suspects they'd make it canon, just to have it mean virtually nothing anyway as the character is written off the script, à la Thor and what's-her-face.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

Deadpool v. Venom. Now that would be fun.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 09, 2019, 03:53:53 AM
Deadpool v. Venom. Now that would be fun.

I violent self licking ice-cream cone?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.