Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Eating cheese past 10pm for me gives me gut gurgles
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 17, 2018, 11:28:11 PM
You own some big cats, do you???  I'd say you are lucky to be alive.  I do love white Bengal tigers and snow leopards but I'd not want to own one.  And yes, the big cats are graceful.

No, regular size cats.  But it is cute ... when they mess up ... they look around to see if anyone notices ... their eyes saying ... "That never happened".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 17, 2018, 11:28:11 PM
You own some big cats, do you???  I'd say you are lucky to be alive.  I do love white Bengal tigers and snow leopards but I'd not want to own one.  And yes, the big cats are graceful.
I love watching the tigers at the Columbus Zoo.  They have this way of looking at zoo patrons as if they're judging how tasty they might be.

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on September 18, 2018, 11:11:06 AM
I love watching the tigers at the Columbus Zoo.  They have this way of looking at zoo patrons as if they're judging how tasty they might be.

Looks like a nice enclosure for the big guys.  One of my fav places to see the bengals is in Africa World, USA.  They have a huge area surrounded by a wide and deep moat.  It is lower than the viewing areas circling it which affords an excellent view of it--usually there is a trainer or two working with the tigers (and one white lion) and at times they get up close and personal with them--wresting and putting them thu their paces.  There is also a glass enclosure where one can get very close to tiger cubs--can't touch but are only a couple of feet away. 

Another fav (but have only been there twice) is a safari land; it is a huge park like setting all surrounded by a huge fence with smaller areas also fenced in.  The park has lions, elephents, several antelope,  black and grizzly bears, two cheetahs, ostrich and emu, giraffes and other creatures.  One drives through the park in your own car, going through gates into the various sections.  Had an emu step in front of the car, come to the driver's side outside mirror and entwine it's neck with it--making love?  Then intently peered into the car, pecked at the window as though insisting on getting in.  But the real highlight came while in the lion enclosure the pride was chastising two juvenile lions (as we learned later).  They were slowly following the two offending lions who were next to the fence moving slowly.  A lioness stopped next to the driver side door and roared it's loudest several times--that was a bit of a nerve wracking moment or two. :))  Great place and the animals were well kept.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

I went once with some friends to a similar place between Dallas and Ft. Worth. It was very cool. I couldn't believe how big the rhinoceros was - it was bigger than the car we were in! They gave us little buckets with feed so we could actually feed the animals, and a hippo came right up to the passenger side, where I was sitting, and opened it's mouth really wide, but I didn't see it, at first, since I was looking the other direction. When I turned and saw the huge mouth right next to me, I quickly rolled the window up, as if that would do any good. Then later we got to ride an elephant, just around a circular enclosure. His kids had as much fun as we adults, if not more. I don't recall any big cats, though.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

trdsf

Columbus Zoo is really good â€" we are the home of Jack Hanna, after all â€" although by a tiny margin I still think the Toledo Zoo is better.

A lot of that is emotional, that's my home zoo, and I can still remember the hand-lettered signs in the museum that had been done by my grandfather, going behind the scenes with the curator, Dan Danford â€" I suppose my family must have known him through Grandpa â€" and the annual picture sitting on top of the concrete elephant with my brother and then with my sister when she came along, or with the Galapagos tortoise.  When my cousins came into town for our grandma's funeral in 2006, we went to the zoo... and all of us crowded onto and around the stone elephant together for the first time in something like 35 years.  I mean, just the news that in November they're re-opening the old tunnel entrance that goes under the Anthony Wayne Trail (it's been closed since 1977) choked me up.  It was the best way to approach the zoo -- you left a parking lot, and emerged into animal heaven.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 17, 2018, 04:31:57 PM
All the big cats in general are beautiful and graceful.

Well, I AM highly oriented to the grace and agility of the whole felid family...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 19, 2018, 12:26:13 PM

Dang those are good.  Hits idiots right clean to the bone.  But they don't know it.

Gawdzilla Sama

jesusandmo.net If you haven't browsed there you're in for a treat, and many a chortle.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 19, 2018, 12:35:34 PM
Dang those are good.  Hits idiots right clean to the bone.  But they don't know it.

Shows you are a conspiracy theorist just like the barmaid was talking about.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.