News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

The nation that brought you ... the only way to save Vietnam is to destroy it ... what do you think these nut jobs will do today, to their own country?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on March 19, 2018, 06:53:08 PM
The nation that brought you ... the only way to save Vietnam is to destroy it ... what do you think these nut jobs will do today, to their own country?
You do realize that the "it was necessary to destroy the village in order to save it" is attributed to an unnamed officer. In other words, the report made it up.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 19, 2018, 07:51:06 PM
You do realize that the "it was necessary to destroy the village in order to save it" is attributed to an unnamed officer. In other words, the report made it up.

The Tonkin Gulf incident was made up too.  So you are saying, we were legitimate in Vietnam?  Young Colin Powell went around torching hooches to terrorize the locals.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 19, 2018, 02:06:50 PM
I think most people think it's a funny greentext.

Very little comedy, and particularly even less good comedy, is void of "truth"... either objective truth or "truth" insofar as the comedian and/or audience perceives it.

I have seen some funny green text, and if it's in the same vein as those... okay, it's a funny post. But it was written in a way that really strikes me more as someone who thinks he is legitimately criticizing Colbert and is butthurt about him rather than joking about how audiences admittedly go overboard on him and how he is very focused on Trump jokes.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Shiranu on March 20, 2018, 12:04:49 AM
Very little comedy, and particularly even less good comedy, is void of "truth"... either objective truth or "truth" insofar as the comedian and/or audience perceives it.

Reiterate that for clarity.

Shiranu

Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 20, 2018, 12:06:46 AM
Reiterate that for clarity.

Comedy, particularly good comedy, requires context to be funny.

The joke isn't particularly funny on it's own, it requires the context of Colbert's brand of humour. However the post seems more to be crying about Colbert making a living at Trump's expense rather than actually addressing how people really do go crazy over repetitive jokes on his part.

It seems more whiney than stabby.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 19, 2018, 02:06:50 PM
I think most people think it's a funny greentext.

> so I bring my easy cat Marley to the vet
> tooth-cleaning
>I can relate did dentist last week
>so they call me 4 hours to come get him
>they are acting all weird
>I know somethings wrong
>they admit hes going nuts
>cant get him out of the cage
>so I walk in the back
>Marley is nuts
>throws himself against the door and stuff
>I stick my hand against the cage door
>he sniffs and calms down
>yes Im here Marley its OK
> pick him up an he goes right into the PTU
>pay bill, we go home
>he shudders for a bit goes to sleep on me
>he knows me
>stupid vet people

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Shiranu on March 20, 2018, 12:07:56 AM
Comedy, particularly good comedy, requires context to be funny.

The joke isn't particularly funny on it's own, it requires the context of Colbert's brand of humour. However the post seems more to be crying about Colbert making a living at Trump's expense rather than actually addressing how people really do go crazy over repetitive jokes on his part.

It seems more whiney than stabby.

Rather it seems like you're having a fit because your funnyman is considered a propagandist by non-retards.

Gilgamesh

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 21, 2018, 04:03:48 PM

Well, I am certainly one of those.  I ignore mild insults, reply to interesting ones, and object to outragaeous ones.

So, what is wrong with that? 

Cavebear