Author Topic: Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux  (Read 252994 times)

Re: Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux
« Reply #4155 on: December 17, 2017, 01:26:13 PM »

Happy holidays, everyone! Including our allies in Europe!  Now imma take a knee for the national anthem.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 01:34:37 PM by Hydra009 »

« Reply #4156 on: December 17, 2017, 01:51:17 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Happy holidays, everyone! Including our allies in Europe!  Now imma take a knee for the national anthem.

Republicans: "We aren't anti-science. We just don't want scientists to say things we don't like."
"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

« Reply #4157 on: December 17, 2017, 03:06:30 PM »
Republicans: "We aren't anti-science. We just don't want scientists to say things we don't like."
Or pursue scientists' recommendations or acknowledge that anything they say is true.

Scientists got all these pet projects that don't really make any sense.  Millions of dollars spent on crazy stuff that haven't got anything to do with people.  Things like fruity flies in Paris France  *sneering*

Science is so shaky and subjective, anyways.  The only truth I need is right here.  *plops a KJV Bible and a 'O Reilly Factor For Kids book on the table*
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 09:28:28 PM by Hydra009 »

Offline Baruch

« Reply #4158 on: December 17, 2017, 03:51:17 PM »
Or pursue scientists' recommendations or acknowledge that anything they say is true.

Scientists got all these pet projects that don't really make any sense.  Millions of dollars spent on crazy stuff that haven't got anything to do with people.  Things like fruity flies in Paris France  *sneering*

Science is so shaky and subjective, anyways.  The only truth I need is right here.  *plops a KJV Bible and a copy of The 'O Reilly For Kids on the table*

It goes deeper than that.  In The Republic, one of its points against democracy, is that experts should run things, so people who are experts on politics, should run the government (the Guardians).  So just make scientists your Guardians.  This is a blessing/curse of an expert.  A policy wonk, who knows nothing to begin with ... is just a curse.
שלום

« Reply #4159 on: December 17, 2017, 09:55:37 PM »

Offline Shiranu

« Reply #4160 on: December 18, 2017, 01:11:10 AM »
"When glass breaks it is possible to put the pieces back together, but a heart once broken cannot be pieced together again. The suffering of man is immense, and only in love can relief be found from that suffering."  -
Allahi Allah, traditional Pakistani folk song

« Reply #4161 on: December 19, 2017, 06:05:43 PM »

Offline Shiranu

« Reply #4162 on: December 19, 2017, 09:45:10 PM »

"When glass breaks it is possible to put the pieces back together, but a heart once broken cannot be pieced together again. The suffering of man is immense, and only in love can relief be found from that suffering."  -

Offline trdsf

« Reply #4163 on: December 20, 2017, 10:43:48 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
I love Obvious Plant -- it dances a wonderful line between subversive and absurdist.  I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but I wonder if creator Jeff Wysaski was inspired by the Illuminatus! trilogy's Markoff Chaney, who engaged in similar activity.
"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning." -- Calvin and Hobbes
"I thought I committed regicide today, but I committed deicide!" -- Sadie Doyle, Beyond Belief

Offline Shiranu

« Reply #4164 on: December 20, 2017, 08:36:12 PM »

« Reply #4165 on: December 21, 2017, 07:04:21 PM »

Hey NBC, you gotta check out this article from NBC.  Those guys do a way better job reporting things than you guys.

« Reply #4166 on: December 21, 2017, 09:45:05 PM »

« Reply #4167 on: December 22, 2017, 04:36:23 PM »
In the 1972 version.  There have been several versions.

In the 1940 version, Walter Brennan played the judge.  A young Gary Cooper stole the show however.
Ah, yes, forgot about that one, but I've only seen it once, so I forgive myself for forgetting. Walter Brennan's been one of my favorite actors, just because my name also is Walter.
God Not Found
Jesus on toast, Allah on an egg - all we need now is Moses in the orange juice and we have a crazy balanced breakfast.

« Reply #4168 on: December 22, 2017, 04:37:55 PM »
Fucking Republicans. All their policies can be summed up as "make the rich and powerful even more rich and powerful."
People claim they believe in God, but the only God I ever see being worshipped is Money, the ubiquitous God.
God Not Found
Jesus on toast, Allah on an egg - all we need now is Moses in the orange juice and we have a crazy balanced breakfast.

Offline Baruch

« Reply #4169 on: December 22, 2017, 06:52:02 PM »
Ah, yes, forgot about that one, but I've only seen it once, so I forgive myself for forgetting. Walter Brennan's been one of my favorite actors, just because my name also is Walter.

Somehow I don't believe you ;-)
שלום