My faith in humanity has been decreased...

Started by TheDevoutPasta, February 22, 2013, 12:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Yes, it does seem strange that you are even there.  Is this your parent's last ditch effort to save your soul?  I didn't mind confirmation too much.  It was mostly just rote memory stuff.  I think I was about eleven.  I believed in God so I was capable of buying just about any kind of snork.  I would rather have been outside playing, but I didn't have a say in such matters.  It was explained to me that confirmation confirmed my membership in the Lutheran Church.  I thought, "Hmmm, now I'm a Lutheran.  Suppose I want to become a Methodist?  I guess I'll have to remain Lutheran, because I don't want to go through this again."  

That pretty much made my only other option "Atheist".  Well, actually years later, I dabbled in other sects.  I really started to change and think it all might be a hoax when I flirted with fundamentalism.  Those people are off the charts.  So you might say they really did lead me down the path to enlightenment.

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote2) i learned that they think a fetus is a person around 18 days when its heart begins
 to beat (never heard this before)
Yet strangely the right to life ends at birth for a lot of fundies...

Quote3) I learned that they think a pregnant mother with a life threatening complication should die for the baby (what the fuck...)

Unless it's one of their own family of course....

Quote4) I learned that they think it's a woman's fault for getting raped. (again, what the fuck?)

Boff one of their sisters and see what happens.... prison sentence (if you live that long) for you followed by back-street abortion on the quiet....

Quote5) I learned that they think if a woman's rapist gets her pregnant, she will go to hell if she gets an abortion. (in other words a rape victim is forced to have the kid, what the absolute fuck, this surprised me the most as their are girls in the class)

See above.  These idiots are not far removed from the people who stone rape-victims in Saudi Arabia.

QuoteOh yea, and they think the solution to homosexuality is to have gays become priests. FUCKING BRILLIANT!!!

Ossum!!!  See Catholic church for details on the success of this idea!

Bunch of fucking hypocrites. "Do as I say and not as I do"