Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

TWO HOURS?!?!?!

Started by Nam, July 24, 2014, 01:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nam

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 05, 2014, 08:14:52 PM
Or you're just a coward.

The coward would be the suicide by invading force. Only a fool would fight when there's 0% chance they'll survive.

Even armies retreat -- are they cowards, too? I dare you to call any veteran here who's been in a gun fight and retreated a coward.

-Nam.

Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Nam on August 05, 2014, 08:31:13 PM
The coward would be the suicide by invading force. Only a fool would fight when there's 0% chance they'll survive.

Even armies retreat -- are they cowards, too? I dare you to call any veteran here who's been in a gun fight and retreated a coward.

-Nam.

Some guys have to stay behind to make sure the bulk of the forces can withdraw. Is that suicide by invading force? Is it immoral to kill as many of them as possible before they kill you?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

i'd post the pic of a train de-railing but I don't have one....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: aitm on August 05, 2014, 08:35:29 PM
i'd post the pic of a train de-railing but I don't have one....
D rail is the one on the right.

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Nam

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 05, 2014, 08:35:08 PM
Some guys have to stay behind to make sure the bulk of the forces can withdraw. Is that suicide by invading force?

By your standard of logic: yes.

QuoteIs it immoral to kill as many of them as possible before they kill you?

If the person has the option of fleeing, then, that's the most logical option to take. If the person has no other option  but to fight or die then either they must fight or die where they stand.

There's always a choice. If I choose not to fight that doesn't necessarily make me a coward.

-Nam

aitm

if you are going to assist in the de-railment of your thread, I shall not interfere. Have fun all, but i can see this swirling already.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Shiranu

Yeah, I guess it's realllll manly to sit on one's high horse and laugh at how "cowardly" everyone else is because they wouldn't respond to his hypothetical, 99% improbable situation the way he would.

It takes a realllll manly man to stroke his e-penis.

QuoteIs it immoral to kill as many of them as possible before they kill you?

No one said anything about it being immoral, we are just calling you an idiot for choosing to kill 1 or 2 of them and then either getting killed or tortured instead of running and being... you know... alive.

So fine, you go out guns blasing and kill one or two of them... and then what?

1. Their friend's are pissed off, meaning they will probably go out of their way to torture some other innocent people. Thanks.
2. Their ruler's give absolutely zero fucks.

So you managed to piss off a few grunts. Wooooooooow, what a contribution to the war effort that would be!

But hey, again... it is so easy to sit on your high-horse and shit talk. I'll take being called a coward any day by an apparent idiot than committing suicide to appease him. Sorry you have to deal with that :(.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Nam on August 05, 2014, 09:02:29 PM
By your standard of logic: yes.

If the person has the option of fleeing, then, that's the most logical option to take. If the person has no other option  but to fight or die then either they must fight or die where they stand.

There's always a choice. If I choose not to fight that doesn't necessarily make me a coward.

-Nam
Suuuuure.
PZ Myers

Shiranu

Whatever, I'll let you have the last laugh.

The two greatest men I have known, who had seen far worse shit than you ever will (and were anything BUT proud of it), never felt the need to run around and boast about how brave and courageous they were and put everyone else down for not meeting their standards. They both saw their fair share of killing in (one just  WW2 [thanks to a purple heart saving his troops), the other WW2-Korea-Vietnam) 30 years of various American wars, but never bragged about how efficient they were.

Maybe that's the difference; for my family it's not some badge of honour like you want to make it out to be, it was a simple matter of life and death (at least in WW2). A job, not some measure of how big their dicks were.

Talk shit about us "cowards" all you want; I have lived with real American heroes and have several family members still putting themselves in harms way, both military and police, and I know at least one of the veterans would never call someone a coward because they wouldn't throw their life away for nothing. But I guess they would probably not meet your standards of "real men" and would be "cowards".

Continue to make a fool of yourself though, but the initial insult has worn off once I realized how stupid you actually are. Toodaloo!
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Nam

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 05, 2014, 10:16:01 PM
Suuuuure.

So, every single man who chose to go to Canada, prison, or elsewhere when they were drafted to fight in the unending and useless war that was in Vietnam -- they were all cowards?

-Nam