News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Televangelist most repugnant?

Started by Outnumbered, February 21, 2013, 05:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Outnumbered

They are a slimy lot, those televangelists. From Benny Hind to pork like Haggie. But my vote for biggest slime .ball ever goes to Pat Tilton. Old ladies sending him their rent and food money wasn't enough for this bastard. He told them to sell their homes to get the minimum "love offering of ten thousand dollars". According  to him, it took a commitment of at least ten grand to get Gawds attention.  And he promise that IF you had sufficient faith, that Gawd would pay you back double. So if you were poor, it was because you hadn't invested enough in Jesus. Just look at Tiltons example of how money came to those with real faith. If for some reason Gawd didn't pay you back right away, it just meant you hadn't payed enough or had sufficient faith. He also routinely was  struck by lightning as Gawd hit him with a beam from heaven that made him talk silly jibberish passed off as talking in toungues. The sad part is that many poor old people from another era, believed this jerk and went without so they could send him money. Makes me wish there was a hell, so bastards like him could enjoy the fruits of his labor. Do you have a favorite?

WitchSabrina

I'm very glad I don't know who that is.

Yay - evidence my life is Scwheet!
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Alaric I

Quote from: "Outnumbered"They are a slimy lot, those televangelists. From Benny Hind to pork like Haggie. But my vote for biggest slime .ball ever goes to Pat Tilton. Old ladies sending him their rent and food money wasn't enough for this bastard. He told them to sell their homes to get the minimum "love offering of ten thousand dollars". According  to him, it took a commitment of at least ten grand to get Gawds attention.  And he promise that IF you had sufficient faith, that Gawd would pay you back double. So if you were poor, it was because you hadn't invested enough in Jesus. Just look at Tiltons example of how money came to those with real faith. If for some reason Gawd didn't pay you back right away, it just meant you hadn't payed enough or had sufficient faith. He also routinely was  struck by lightning as Gawd hit him with a beam from heaven that made him talk silly jibberish passed off as talking in toungues. The sad part is that many poor old people from another era, believed this jerk and went without so they could send him money. Makes me wish there was a hell, so bastards like him could enjoy the fruits of his labor. Do you have a favorite?

I vote Peter Popoff.  Not only did he sell that he was healing people by the power of god, thus making things worse for them, after he was found out in his tricks he left and the came back to do it some more by selling "special healing water" ina  tube.  I will give him one thing, he did say it wasn't the power of the water, but your faith and monetary gift that did the healing.

stromboli

Pat Robertson. The slime ball owns a mountain top in Tennessee and has a diamond mine in Liberia.

Thumpalumpacus

I kinda like Ted Haggard.  Nothing says "man of God" like being a meth addict given over to soliciting sex from male prostitutes.
<insert witty aphorism here>

Alaric I

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"I kinda like Ted Haggard.  Nothing says "man of God" like being a meth addict given over to soliciting sex from male prostitutes.

Oh my damn, I forgot about him.

SvZurich

Hope that bigot that Obama panders to, Rick Warren, has some juicy dirt come out soon!   :twisted:
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

_Xenu_

Quote from: "Alaric I"
Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"I kinda like Ted Haggard.  Nothing says "man of God" like being a meth addict given over to soliciting sex from male prostitutes.

Oh my damn, I forgot about him.
Everyone's favorite meth princess.  =D>
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Jmpty

It's so hard to choose. But the women with the weird hair and makeup are hard to miss.
???  ??

Jmpty

???  ??

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Jmpty"[ Image ]

No fair.  Implicit in the OP is that they be human.

Jason Harvestdancer

No fair picking on him for his denomination being Crystal Methodist.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Jason_Harvestdancer"

Okay, I loled, really.

Alaric I

Damn you and your funny ass puns. :rollin:

Jmpty

Oh I'm stealing that one.
???  ??