Detroit's'dictator' pulling out military equipment against protesters

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, July 21, 2014, 05:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: aitm on July 21, 2014, 10:06:12 PM
yeah, that sounds like an innocent comment of "whatever president is in charge at the time"...of course it is.
You would jump down my throat for that exactly the same way if I said "the president," and in addition I'd get accused of not having the balls to call Obama by name. Obama is sitting in office. If it was McCain, I'd say it was McCain. If it was Romney, I'd say Romney. If it was... etc. Let's quit pretending that I'm some mindless anti-Obama fanatic and focus on the actual issue I put forth, which is that various government agencies, not all of whom are Law Enforcement, are being armed with this surplus military equipment that has most recently seen use in Detroit against American citizens.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Shiranu

Considering he literally said nothing anti-Obama... I don't see what I am convinced by...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: aitm on July 21, 2014, 10:16:04 PM
well you have convinced two so far. Shir and yourself.
As Shir said, there's nothing to convince you of. It's a factual statement that Obama uses that military surplus to get around the limitation that the military cannot police Americans. I could be entirely pro-Obama, and I would still have to acknowledge that fact. Whatever else I think of the man is entirely irrelevant, and in any case (as has been pointed out to you multiple times), isn't even the point of the post.

AllPurposeAtheist

You want to inject partisan politics into this and pin it on the incumbent president and still make the same nonsensical claim that both parties are exactly the same except the names.
You seemingly want to sidetrack the issue of the propaganda I suspect because you've bought into it more than you even know. We're all susceptible to propaganda because it's everywhere in out daily lives and driven by people with definite agendas to limit control of running the government to the elitists of every party.
Voter turnout isn't because of mere laziness or stupidity. It's part of the propaganda that your vote doesn't matter, that no matter what you do it won't make a difference. The propaganda itself is designed to discourage people to vote while the polls should be open and easily accessible over a much longer period, at minimum 24 hours and be compulsory to every citizen without a legitimate excuse to not vote. Both parties use it to their advantage when it suits them, but republicans blatently abuse it in the name of voter fraud. If we applied the same logic that 1 single incident requires draconian laws automobiles would have long been outlawed because of all the deaths..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 21, 2014, 10:42:20 PMYou want to inject partisan politics into this and pin it on the incumbent president and still make the same nonsensical claim that both parties are exactly the same except the names.
...that's literally the opposite of what I did. I went out of my way to de-politicize my post, naming names only when I couldn't avoid it, and the only mention I made of either party was to say "it really doesn't make a difference which one of them is in there, this exact same scenario I'm describing would still happen."

You people are just sad. You talk about propaganda, but you've bought into it so much that you will fixate on one word, over-analyze the use of that word, and completely ignore the main meat of the argument. And you'll criticize me of that very act while doing it.

AllPurposeAtheist

Actually this thread was supposed to be about the farce of democracy in Detroit. Nothing democratic going on there. The city's being sold off one piece at a time. It wouldn't surprise me if every street in the city becomes a toll road privately owned.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

I'm not sure how much Obama fits into this.  Isn't it about that naziguy in Detroit who is actually doing it?  This is just the next level of a company town being used up and left to die.  It's a bit more draconian and on a larger scale, but it's been happening for the last 100 years in mining and logging towns.

aitm

I just think a lot of people think Obama, or any other president, gets involved to the level they all proclaim he is. Some people think that cops choke hold on that guy is because Obama is in charge of the police departments as well. Criminy.....no president is ever involved to that level of bullshit. Governors, DA's, aand some mid level bureaucrats maybe get in over their heads, but I sincerely doubt the president monitors the minutia of this crap.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Nam

Quote from: DunkleSeele on July 21, 2014, 05:35:15 PM
APA, I'm seriously wondering: what the hell is going on in the US? I am quite concerned about the whole situation over there.

It's the End Times and the Right is making sure they start it but blame the Left.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!