News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Stuff That I Find Shocking

Started by stromboli, February 21, 2013, 02:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaric I

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Mine happened during morning recess at school in Teheran, which at the time was undergoing construction.  There was a big wire about as thick as your thumb sticking out of the ground, with some kids standing around looking at it.  I walk up to see what's going on, see the wire, and like the idiot I am go up and touch the pad of my thumb to it.  

Next thing I remember, I'm being helped back to my feet, one of which is now unshod.  I find my shoe and put it back on, and a few minutes later class starts up again and I go on about my day.  I never told my parents.  I don't think my mom knows even today.  lol

It's like that kid in "A Christmas Story" that got his tongue stuck to the pole, except they actually helped you up instead of leaving you there.

stromboli

You can sell advertising on the thighs of Japanese school girls  :shock:

stoning is still used for execution in some Muslim countries  :shock:

stromboli

Celebrities without makeup
http://www.refinedguy.com/2012/11/29/ce ... dit=wtf#51

This will REALLY shock you!  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Mathias

Quote from: "stromboli"Celebrities without makeup

Sorry, but this would shock only for those who are not used to waking up next to beautiful women... :D :)
"There is no logic in the existence of any god".
Myself.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "stromboli"Celebrities without makeup

All women look better with makeup.  For some of us it's like painting a blank canvas.  LOL
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Plu

QuoteAll women look better with makeup.

Yah. Excessive make-up doesn't help anyone.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Plu"
QuoteAll women look better with makeup.

Yah. Excessive make-up doesn't help anyone.

Excessive is for circus and Vegas.

stromboli

Note to all the single guys on the forum: never, ever tell a woman that you don't like women who use too much make up. You will regret it.

Plu

It's a good thing I'm not single, I've said that to quite a few women :O

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "stromboli"Note to all the single guys on the forum: never, ever tell a woman that you don't like women who use too much make up. You will regret it.

Why? Why would a woman find that offensive? I'm totally lost Strom.

Alaric I

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"
Quote from: "stromboli"Note to all the single guys on the forum: never, ever tell a woman that you don't like women who use too much make up. You will regret it.

Why? Why would a woman find that offensive? I'm totally lost Strom.

Why is the sky blue?  Why is the grass green?  Why do we breathe oxygen and not argon?  It just is man, it just is.

BarkAtTheMoon

Quote from: "Alaric I"
Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"
Quote from: "Alaric I"I got hit with an electirc cattle fence once (10,000 volts).  Felt a little tingle in my balzack if you catch my drift.  Yet it was still not as bad as getting hit with 550, there you tend to lose bowel function. :oops:

Dude, I got hit with 220v when I was a kid (I don't know how many amps) but it knocked me literally out of (one of my) shoes.

Ahh, i got lucky with 220.  I was helping a buddy out with remodeling his kitchen (my dad is a designer so he got the design for free) and we were replacing his electric cook range.  The previous owner mislabeld the circuit breakers and I cut the wires, luckily it was just a huge pop and I couldn't see very well for a couple minutes.  No shock or anything.  He thought we were gonna sue, but my dad told him how my family is very unlucky around electricity.

Yeah, sounds like you should be staying waaaay away from any wiring.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

Mathias

Re:

Take back what I said earlier. Do you understand it was a joke, right?
"There is no logic in the existence of any god".
Myself.

Alaric I

Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"Yeah, sounds like you should be staying waaaay away from any wiring.

I try to, I can't however do this all the time.  My job requires generators so I just work with them when they are shut off.  :lol:

SilentFutility

I've said this to many girls/women, most of whom have agreed with me, both while single and in a relationship. Not once has it been of any consequence, other than when I've used it to lead into a compliment, in which case it had a positive outcome.