News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Cointelpro

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, July 21, 2014, 07:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

I recall awhile back on this forum there was a bit of a fuss where some of the younger members were blaming 'the older generation' for selling out our principles for corporate dollars or whatever so I was reading up on this a bit. It turns out nobody intentionally sold out anything rather it was the FBI and COINTELPRO, Counter Intelligence Program which did everything in its power, and they had a lot of power, to undermine student protest and also propel the RAT Ronald Reagan into the whitehouse..  Now consider another group, the PR industry, once called propaganda got into the act also to undermined simple freedom of choice and it's widely responsible for the mess we're in today with all the money in politics. The later part of that is based on another article I can't seem to locate right off..
http://m.democracynow.org/stories/13020
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

That was a pretty brief teaser.  I guess we have to buy the book.  I remember the campus protests of the 60s.  I was there.  It pissed off a few people of the older crowd, but it seemed to me to be highly instrumental in getting us out of that farce in Vietnam.  Almost all of the vocal opposition to the war seemed like it was coming from students.  And apparently, a lot of the older generation ended up agreeing.

AllPurposeAtheist

The problem then and now is the enormous power of propaganda used to discredit the very notion of actual freedom. Freedom has been hijacked to imply little more than gun ownership which is just a small part of the crusade to divide the public on a whole laundry list of issues. Propaganda is in all of our lives, but was long ago rebranded as public relations and commercial advertising.

Solitary

Sometimes I'm glad I'm getting older!  :hang: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Solitary on July 21, 2014, 06:53:33 PM
Sometimes I'm glad I'm getting older!  :hang: Solitary
Me too, but sadly this legacy will reach far into my great grandchildren lives.