News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Interview Today

Started by wolf39us, February 21, 2013, 11:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf39us

Okay, so I've got an interview today.  I am in an advantageous position for this job because a friend of mine works for them and is referring me.  The position is:

Medical X-Ray Order CSR Representative.  Not a bad position, pays $13/hr (which is $1/hr more than what I currently make).  

I've been with my current position at PODS for almost 2 years now.  A new manager has stepped in 3 months ago and is making a mess of things.  Quality control has been severely amp'd up and is causing problems with TONS of employees (I'm barely skimming along).   Approximately 30 employees have been terminated in the last 3 months and I don't want to be part of that group.  My position also includes severe micro-management.  Like OMG Chris your handle time / adherence / hold time is too low/high etc.  How annoying!

The position I'm interviewing for today, according to my friend, does none of this crap... and pays better!  

The only thing I really, really hate about interviews are the incredibly vague questions they ask.  I've been through a ton of interviews and some of the questions I STILL have yet to figure out a good answer to.  How DO you answer "Name a time you were in a bad situation with someone, you helped that person and what happened?"  Fricken crap, I can't think of that shit on the fly!  Does anyone know what I'm talking about when I say "completely vague" questions?

Any advice?

AllPurposeAtheist

When the interviewer asks if you like testicles answer more vaguely... Uhmm..It sure is cold in here..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Plu

QuoteDoes anyone know what I'm talking about when I say "completely vague" questions?

No. They don't pull that kind of crap here, fortunately.

Mathias

Simple, just say: God blessed me and and my heart lit up!!! ;)
"There is no logic in the existence of any god".
Myself.

Bibliofagus

This guy's books are pretty good:

http://www.jobhuntersbible.com/

I don't know about the site.

Edit: Fuck. I posted a link to a bible. Sorry guys.
Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"Faith says, "I believe this and I don\'t care what you say, I cannot possibly be wrong." Faith is an act of pride.

Quote from: \"AllPurposeAtheist\"The moral high ground was dug up and made into a walmart apparently today.

Tornadoes caused: 2, maybe 3.

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

wolf39us

No.  CSR (Customer Service Representative)

aitm

tell me what yer gonna be doing
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

wolf39us

Taking orders for x-rays and verifying completed orders with doctors / companies etc

aitm

on the phone or in person?

wolf39us

aitm

Here is my advice young man. And this is from a person who has never, NEVER not been hired after a personal interview! Grab the bull right by the horns. You are as much interviewing them as they are you. Attitude but not arrogance. BE ON TIME!

Go in to the inverview positive, but not cocky. Firm handshake, slight smile.
Sit straight, lean forward, forearms on the desk as if they are about to give you a very exciting project. You will always look the person in the eye.

Start the interview yourself,  talk easy but not too slow and not too fast, avoid ah's, er's, and um's speak casual but with importance. "Hi, I'm Chris, nice to meet you and thank you for the opportunity, when my friend aitm told me about this position (always say position not job) I got real excited because he tells me you guys are detailed orientated and demanding and that is what I like. The company I work for now has no organizational policy and people constantly lose orders and it drives me crazy. I suggested a better organized more detailed system but the people there have no interest in it and as a result the company is not making the money they could be, and that means I am not going anywhere up that ladder. So...If you're as detailed and organized as my friend says I think I would fit right in. I understand its primarily phone work and thats okay, but I also have some field work in the past. I am,as I said detailed, organized and my job is to help you make money, so I can. "stop"
So, what do you want to know?

Brian37

Quote from: "wolf39us"Okay, so I've got an interview today.  I am in an advantageous position for this job because a friend of mine works for them and is referring me.  The position is:

Medical X-Ray Order CSR Representative.  Not a bad position, pays $13/hr (which is $1/hr more than what I currently make).  

I've been with my current position at PODS for almost 2 years now.  A new manager has stepped in 3 months ago and is making a mess of things.  Quality control has been severely amp'd up and is causing problems with TONS of employees (I'm barely skimming along).   Approximately 30 employees have been terminated in the last 3 months and I don't want to be part of that group.  My position also includes severe micro-management.  Like OMG Chris your handle time / adherence / hold time is too low/high etc.  How annoying!

The position I'm interviewing for today, according to my friend, does none of this crap... and pays better!  

The only thing I really, really hate about interviews are the incredibly vague questions they ask.  I've been through a ton of interviews and some of the questions I STILL have yet to figure out a good answer to.  How DO you answer "Name a time you were in a bad situation with someone, you helped that person and what happened?"  Fricken crap, I can't think of that shit on the fly!  Does anyone know what I'm talking about when I say "completely vague" questions?

Any advice?

What is pissing me off about the libertarians and rethuglicans is that they blame everything on the worker, but the DOW is at a record high and even with the recession profits still keep going up.

"Job creators" my fucking ass.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "wolf39us"The only thing I really, really hate about interviews are the incredibly vague questions they ask.  I've been through a ton of interviews and some of the questions I STILL have yet to figure out a good answer to.  How DO you answer "Name a time you were in a bad situation with someone, you helped that person and what happened?"  Fricken crap, I can't think of that shit on the fly!  Does anyone know what I'm talking about when I say "completely vague" questions?

Any advice?

Think about those answers before you enter the interview. You know you're going to be asked about angry customers and how you handled them.  You know you're going to be asked about a disagreement with a coworker.  You know you're going to be asked about working for a supervisor you didn't like.  You're going to be asked how you helped make a good business better.  These are pretty much standard fare.  Have those answers ready, so that you have a crisp, straightforward reply.  You might even want to write it down; that will help you remember the details and will be useful for all interviews, not just this one.

Don't slag previous supervisors or coworkers.  It makes you appear to be not a team-player.

Don't slag customers.  It makes you look like you don't appreciate their business, and a CSR cannot give that impression.

Keep your answers short and to the point.  Don't wander off into details.  This is why writing the answers down beforehand is helpful.  There's nothing wrong with it, either.  The interviewer has scripted questions.  You should have the essence of your answers scripted, too.  Of course the exact answer will change based on circumstances laid out by the question.

Long story short, prepare your answers beforehand and don't throw anyone under the bus.

Good luck, Wolf.  Hope you land on your feet, bud.
<insert witty aphorism here>

Bobby_Ouroborus

If they ask a vague question just make some shit up.