News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi - Just joined...

Started by RichTC, July 20, 2014, 10:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTC

Okay - Hopefully this will work in creating a new thread... although I didn't see that terminology anywhere.
I'm crawling here folks, give me a day or two before I can walk.
Not sure what I'm allowed to tell you about myself, I guess I just keep it general.
So, I am a retired science/computer teacher - been retired since 2001. I live in the Bible Belt of Southeast US.
I'm into computers now and spend a lot of time doing various projects.
If any of you have some questions, feel free to ask.
RichTC
"We read the pagan sacred books with profit and delight. With myth and fable we are ever charmed, and find a pleasure in the endless repetition of the beautiful, poetic, and absurd." - RG Ingersoll

wolf39us

Haha, it's pretty easy once you get used to it!

Welcome to the forum.

RichTC

Thanks Wolf (can I call you that for short?).
I notice that you have a pic for your avatar.
I'll have to look into that and how to add my info.
RichTC
"We read the pagan sacred books with profit and delight. With myth and fable we are ever charmed, and find a pleasure in the endless repetition of the beautiful, poetic, and absurd." - RG Ingersoll

DunkleSeele

Hi Rich, welcome to our peaceful, friendly forum also known as the snake pit! ;)

If you have any questions about the forum, please feel free to ask.

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

wolf39us

Quote from: RichTC on July 20, 2014, 10:13:57 AM

Look for profile up top --  hover your mouse over it and select the option "Forum Profile"

First option is to set your avatar

DunkleSeele

Quote from: RichTC on July 20, 2014, 10:13:57 AM
You're not obliged to add info to your profile, if you prefer to keep some anonymity.

Anyway, it's easy to add info or an avatar: go to "profile", "forum profile" and there you can add/change your info.

EDIT: Damn, Wolf ninja'd me!

RichTC

Okay - I got some stuff up in my profile. I don't want to over do it until I get more comfortable here.
I have to sign out for now. I'll be back on later today or tonight to check things out some more.
Thanks for all the "welcomes" from you all.
RichTC

the_antithesis

Mermaid

Greetings, lovely new person.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Solitary

Welcome aboard RichTC! Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

DickRill

Hi RichTC, welcome.

Quote from: RichTC on July 20, 2014, 10:08:19 AM
Okay - Hopefully this will work in creating a new thread... although I didn't see that terminology anywhere.
I'm crawling here folks, give me a day or two before I can walk.
Not sure what I'm allowed to tell you about myself, I guess I just keep it general.
So, I am a retired science/computer teacher - been retired since 2001. I live in the Bible Belt of Southeast US.

I comiserate.
That could happen to the best of us, I guess.
How's life for an infidel â€" assuming you, a science teacher, are atheist â€" among the faithful down there?

QuoteI'm into computers now and spend a lot of time doing various projects.
If any of you have some questions, feel free to ask.

CatholicCrusader

Paxet bonum fratres!

Welcome!

You seem quite naive, but in an endearing way!

Green Bottle

Afternoon Rich an Welcome to the nuthoose..
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''