News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello

Started by muharram, July 20, 2014, 08:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muharram

Hi there, i am an atheist from Indonesia. I just recently become an atheist though. I join this forum because i can't talked about atheist with anyone in my country haha. Kinda sad

DunkleSeele

Hi muharram, and welcome. I hope you're keeping safe, we've heard that it can be quite dangerous to come out as an atheist in Indonesia. By the way, I believe one of our long-time members is also from Indonesia.

SGOS

Mermaid

That sure puts things into perspective. How terrifying things would be if that were true in my country. Standing up for your principles is one thing, but putting your life in danger is quite another.
Be safe.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

RichTC

Hi - Welcome. I'm new here myself.
I'm not sure how they treat atheists in Indonesia, however, I do recall they are very strict about public gum chewing and littering. I can only imagine what they do to atheists. I think you are best to play the hypocrite card there. But here, you should be able to be yourself.
RichTC
"We read the pagan sacred books with profit and delight. With myth and fable we are ever charmed, and find a pleasure in the endless repetition of the beautiful, poetic, and absurd." - RG Ingersoll

StupidWiz

Quote from: muharram on July 20, 2014, 08:03:23 AM
Hi there, i am an atheist from Indonesia. I just recently become an atheist though. I join this forum because i can't talked about atheist with anyone in my country haha. Kinda sad
Just seen this thread, weh, welcome to the forum~ (again) ahahaha

What made you "become" atheist? Feel free to share, we don't bite, usually. :P

Also, you can always vent about those religious family or friends, discuss things like atheism, science, politics, culture, etc here.

Btw, where in Indonesia are you? I'm in Jakarta. :)
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

StupidWiz

Quote from: RichTC on July 20, 2014, 10:02:42 AM
Hi - Welcome. I'm new here myself.
I'm not sure how they treat atheists in Indonesia, however, I do recall they are very strict about public gum chewing and littering. I can only imagine what they do to atheists. I think you are best to play the hypocrite card there. But here, you should be able to be yourself.
You may have confused Indonesia with Singapore, we're free to litter and publicly chew gum everywhere atm lol.
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

Green Bottle

Welcome Muharram.
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Solitary

Welcome aboard muharram! Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

muharram

thank you all :)
well, in indonesia atheist is worse than murderers so i think i'll stick with moslem face for a while.
i live in Bandung RichTc.

Napolean B

Quote from: muharram on July 20, 2014, 10:22:15 PM
thank you all :)
well, in indonesia atheist is worse than murderers so i think i'll stick with moslem face for a while.
i live in Bandung RichTc.
Im disheartened to hear that!
Religion prevents the poor from killing the Rich-Napoleon