News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Ask a Catholic

Started by CatholicCrusader, July 19, 2014, 08:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CatholicCrusader

please give me a clean slate and my behavior will be perfect.  I want start a thread with out your permission.  this website is therapy for me.  I'm a troubled boy.  I feel warm and cozy and comfortable here.

Mr.Obvious

Predicting the future is bullshit, right? How come, in this instance, I feel pretty sure I can do it?
Anyone else get the feeling they know where this shit is going?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hijiri Byakuren

Purgatory for this one.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on August 13, 2014, 06:30:06 PM
please give me a clean slate and my behavior will be perfect.  I want start a thread with out your permission.  this website is therapy for me.  I'm a troubled boy.  I feel warm and cozy and comfortable here.
You are a troubled boy with so many accts that I've lost count. Funny thing is, I thought you were put in purgatory a while ago...

See you in hell, shit-fer-brains.

SGOS

Quote from: EntirelyOfThisWorld on August 10, 2014, 12:36:04 AM
I was catholic by virtue of the water sprinkle ritual performed on me as a non-consenting infant in 1955.  As I became self aware, I started having doubts.  By the time I was 17, I was sure it was BS.

Go ahead. . . ask THIS catholic.
OK.  So how can you not seriously believe water can be holy, and if you stick your finger in it, and make a magic sign with your hands, some miraculous thing happens?  Come on; What's so hokey sounding about that?  What strikes me as odd is that Catholics know that this is an important part of salvation, but Protestants don't bother with it.  What makes Protestants think  they have a chance at eternal life without believing such a obviously logical thing as holy water?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: SGOS on August 13, 2014, 11:07:58 PM
OK.  So how can you not seriously believe water can be holy, and if you stick your finger in it, and make a magic sign with your hands, some miraculous thing happens?  Come on; What's so hokey sounding about that?  What strikes me as odd is that Catholics know that this is an important part of salvation, but Protestants don't bother with it.  What makes Protestants think  they have a chance at eternal life without believing such a obviously logical thing as holy water?
The feces gives it the magic power

Hydra009

MagetheEntertainer

Even though you're already banned I'll still ask for the lulz, how many naked alter boys does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Lachish

Quote from: stromboli on July 19, 2014, 08:45:05 PM
Everything you posted in the OP is of no interest to anyone here. We are atheists. Look it up. We really don't give a damn about you or your beliefs and if you want a positive response, try your mother, or whichever priest is currently using your rectum for a joy toy. You will get nothing but negative feedback and are really, really wasting your time.

Expanding one's knowledge is never a bad thing.

Mr.Obvious

True, but most of this thread is hardly anything new. The only 'new' aspect to this knowledge is that we now know how someone named 'catholic crusader' acts and pretended to think online when turning out to be a troll. We could have really expanded our knowledge in a significant and usefull way in the meanwhile.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Munch

This whole thing is based on two outcomes, either catholic crusader is a complete troll and just here for the lolz to try and piss off atheists and former catholics, or he genuinely is sincere about what he's saying, and so trying to 'educate' people who either don't give a shit about what he's trying to tell them, or already know it all because they are former catholics themselves.

In either way, its all pointless. I did try to extend the option of having a more formal debate between atheists a catholic, but its not needed, and we already know the outcome of such a debate.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

GrinningYMIR

You know what, I love it when someone claims that atheist have killed the most people in the world

Stalin was a Christian, most of the Union were Christians when they fought the Germans

Hitler was a Jew by birth and A Christian by practice, though he preferred Islam

Mao was a non-practicing Buddist, he was an Atheist in as much as he didn't subscribe to any of the religious institutions, a lot of his men were "spiritual" too. Hell, the state pretty much made him into a God
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Munch

Of course there have been atheists who have killed, it's a fucked up world we live in after all, but let's consider humanities timeline and how much religion has been part of that, and so by extension how many have killed in the name if their fairy tale gods and goddesses, how many have killed at the manipulation of cult leaders
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on September 11, 2014, 09:04:01 AMStalin was a Christian, most of the Union were Christians when they fought the Germans
Pretty sure Stalin was an atheist, and used Russian Orthodoxy as a tool when it suited him.

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on September 11, 2014, 09:04:01 AMHitler was a Jew by birth and A Christian by practice, though he preferred Islam
Gonna need a source on that. As far as I've read, he was a Roman Catholic and never deviated from that stance much.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Lachish

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on September 11, 2014, 09:04:01 AM
You know what, I love it when someone claims that atheist have killed the most people in the world

Stalin was a Christian, most of the Union were Christians when they fought the Germans

Hitler was a Jew by birth and A Christian by practice, though he preferred Islam

Mao was a non-practicing Buddist, he was an Atheist in as much as he didn't subscribe to any of the religious institutions, a lot of his men were "spiritual" too. Hell, the state pretty much made him into a God

If you say Stalin is an atheist, then by your reasoning, all the atheists here who came from Christian homes are also Christians.

Traditional Buddhism as Mao would have observed would also have made him an atheist.

Please look up the definition of atheism before you go around accusing people of not being atheist.