News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Ask a Catholic

Started by CatholicCrusader, July 19, 2014, 08:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poison Tree

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 31, 2014, 11:50:40 AM
what I mean by unbreakable chain of popes is there has always been a pope aside from the time that it takes to elect a new one after one step down or dies.  there were some corrupt popes but the vast majority of them were not like that.
And there were times with multiple popes, so even counting times with no pope it still averages out to one pope.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Bibliofagus

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 31, 2014, 11:50:40 AM
what I mean by unbreakable chain of popes is there has always been a pope aside from the time that it takes to elect a new one after one step down or dies.  there were some corrupt popes but the vast majority of them were not like that.

So it matters there was always a pope. Not how he got in power and not what they actually did?
Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"Faith says, "I believe this and I don\'t care what you say, I cannot possibly be wrong." Faith is an act of pride.

Quote from: \"AllPurposeAtheist\"The moral high ground was dug up and made into a walmart apparently today.

Tornadoes caused: 2, maybe 3.

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: Solitary on July 31, 2014, 10:57:47 AM
You just don't get it do you? Why would a loving God give us suffering, why not give us heaven in the first place?  Can't you see how silly believing in a rewarding God is that has to be placated to end suffering?
God willed that his only son would be mocked, betrayed, tortured and brutally murdered.  God willed that his apostles would suffer and die for him and he told his followers that they would suffer and die for him.  I do not understand why nor does God anywhere declare that we must understand his ways.  His ways are not our ways.

I get upset at God and utter every fowl blasphemy I can think of at times.

scripture says that our father who loves his child will chastise his child and that a father who loves his child will not spare his child the rod.  our suffering here on earth is like a second compared to Eternity and once we are enjoying eternal bliss in heaven, we will not care anymore about our suffering here on earth.

CatholicCrusader

Also a pizza or a glass of water taste far better to a person who is starving and dehydrated in Calcutta than to an American who has three meals a day.  this is an example of how suffering can help us to be far more grateful and enjoy something far more, and appreciate something so much more if we have suffered prior to receiving it.

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: Poison Tree on July 31, 2014, 12:17:18 PM
And there were times with multiple popes, so even counting times with no pope it still averages out to one pope.
no there were times when there was a genuine pope and more than one other person claiming to be Pope

Bibliofagus

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 31, 2014, 12:37:36 PM
Also a pizza or a glass of water taste far better to a person who is starving and dehydrated in Calcutta than to an American who has three meals a day.  this is an example of how suffering can help us to be far more grateful and enjoy something far more, and appreciate something so much more if we have suffered prior to receiving it.

Do you ask people to beat you up so you would feel better about not being beated up all the time?

Do you ask kids to beat up your child for this reason?
Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"Faith says, "I believe this and I don\'t care what you say, I cannot possibly be wrong." Faith is an act of pride.

Quote from: \"AllPurposeAtheist\"The moral high ground was dug up and made into a walmart apparently today.

Tornadoes caused: 2, maybe 3.

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: Bibliofagus on July 31, 2014, 12:46:59 PM
Do you ask people to beat you up so you would feel better about not being beated up all the time?

Do you ask kids to beat up your child for this reason?
No I wouldn't but perhaps God would permit it for the greater good.  Meaning for some reason God's ways are that sin must be atoned  for through suffering and sacrifice.  That is y in the Old Testament there were sin offerings so that the guilt of one person's sins would be transferred to the suffering of the sacrificial lamb.

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: stromboli on July 26, 2014, 07:28:39 PM
I would give the guy credit for at least trying, even if it was just lame apolegetic crap. If he does come back to offer some defense, I would compliment him for it. At least he would be showing some guts. I really hope he comes back and offers something by way of a defense.
I've had a very busy week and also my computer even now is causing me problems when I come to this site like freezing up and losing the information I posted and having to post it more than once which is very frustrating.

if I had 10 hours a day to do this and a good working computer , I would try my best to respond to what is in every single post but instead I'm trying just to respond to the questions and in many post there is no question.

Hakurei Reimu

Seriously, I don't care about your unbroken pope malarkey or your personal statements of faith or even the bald-faced statements of faith concerning your christ-cult. When I asked for evidence that your bible had been compiled with any sort of veracity, you responded with a mere statement of faith â€" that you believed it to be so under the guidance of your god... a god that you have yet to show had any existence at all and as such is capable of anything.

You can believe with all your heart that a bridge will stay up, but you can't be sure of the fact without actual knowledge of engineering and construction.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 31, 2014, 02:36:56 PM

Seriously, I don't care about your unbroken pope malarkey or your personal statements of faith or even the bald-faced statements of faith concerning your christ-cult. When I asked for evidence that your bible had been compiled with any sort of veracity, you responded with a mere statement of faith â€" that you believed it to be so under the guidance of your god... a god that you have yet to show had any existence at all and as such is capable of anything.

You can believe with all your heart that a bridge will stay up, but you can't be sure of the fact without actual knowledge of engineering and construction.
apparently you have not been reading my posts.  I I told you I'm not a good Catholic and I don't believe all of what the Church teaches.  The Church is very biblical and believe s that the Bible is without error.  I never said I did and I never said I can prove any existence of God.

I have said that I have come here multiple times to teach what the Church teaches or answer questions about Catholicism .  I didn't come here to prove to anybody that the teachings of the Catholic Church are true or that you should convert.

Nam

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 31, 2014, 09:56:12 AM
read my post again. Where did I say I wouldn't try to answer every question?  I said I didn't say I would respond to every POST.  Not every post contains a question!

I'm not here to convert anybody but to speak about Catholic apologetics. I'm not telling anyone they have to believe what I do.

I wish we had the karma system, this is deserving of a smite.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 31, 2014, 03:54:29 PM
apparently you have not been reading my posts.  I I told you I'm not a good Catholic and I don't believe all of what the Church teaches.  The Church is very biblical and believe s that the Bible is without error.  I never said I did and I never said I can prove any existence of God.

I have said that I have come here multiple times to teach what the Church teaches or answer questions about Catholicism .  I didn't come here to prove to anybody that the teachings of the Catholic Church are true or that you should convert.

Answer a fucking question when you're asked or get off of the forum! We are not interested in hearing you proselytize!
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

CatholicCrusader

once again, which questions have I not answered?

Unbeliever

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 19, 2014, 08:48:14 PM
Don't worry about me guys.  Not only can you guys all gang up on me but the other theists  will as well so you will have fun with me I'm sure.

by the way, I can see biblically why the Church teaches about contraceptives but personally I think contraceptives are a good thing.
Also I believe priests should be allowed to marry.

I think the ban on women priests is very biblical but I certainly do not feel strong about that issue and believed that is a vocation that women could do very well at.

According to the NT, it was a woman who first saw the ressurected Christ. Why should women therefore be denied the opportunity to serve God in the capacity of a priest?

And It was Peter, the "first Pope" who thrice denied knowing Jesus.
QuoteBut whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
Matt. 10:33

Given this, how could Peter ever have been any kind of an intecessor between God and man, such as a pope is supposed to be?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Poison Tree

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 31, 2014, 02:00:36 PM
No I wouldn't but perhaps God would permit it for the greater good.  Meaning for some reason God's ways are that sin must be atoned  for through suffering and sacrifice.  That is y in the Old Testament there were sin offerings so that the guilt of one person's sins would be transferred to the suffering of the sacrificial lamb.
you actually think it is a moral solution for someone to torture an innocent dumb animal in order to somehow pawn off his sins onto it?
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide