News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Ask a Catholic

Started by CatholicCrusader, July 19, 2014, 08:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moralnihilist

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 20, 2014, 01:40:04 PMI did however hope that there were more theists and Protestants here at this forum that I could debate with.

Comes to an Atheist forum looking for religious people.

Amazing "thought" process you have there brainiac.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

CatholicCrusader

you have sub-forums critical of every major religio so I thought theists would flock here to defend their faith

Moralnihilist

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 20, 2014, 02:45:55 PM
you have sub-forums critical of every major religio so I thought theists would flock here to defend their faith

You seem to be incapable of thought.
A cursory look at the forum would have shown you otherwise and you could have moved on. But nope you are more interested in trying to "teach" the big bad Atheists something.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

wolf39us

Quote from: Johan on July 20, 2014, 09:13:47 AM
If you're ok with that and you believe deep down that it is right and proper to teach any and all who will listen that homosexuals have something wrong with them, then please go kill yourself. Please do it now.

I don't really care what you meant, this is 100% not necessary.  I don't agree with almost everything his church teaches but this is simply unwarranted.

_Xenu_

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 19, 2014, 10:03:03 PM
The Catholic Church does not teach that it is a sin to be homosexual .
I was born into Catholicism and that is technically true. But having said that, lust is considered a sin, as is sex outside of marriage. The problem is, the Catholic church doesn't recognize homosexual relations so there's no way for a homosexual to be in good standing with the church outside of celibacy. If the Catholic church were to allow gay marriage, they would at least be more consistent and not come under so much heat regarding this issue.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

SGOS

If you guys would just leave us alone, you wouldn't have to defend anything.  The only time we give a rip about what you believe is when you try to force your bullshit on us.

Mermaid

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 20, 2014, 01:19:56 PM
Jews no longer have the priesthood, the victim, or the sacrifices.  They also no longer stone adulterers.  They do not have the same priest hood and those are just a few of the differences.

Catholicism resembles ancient Judaism more than any other Religion today. 

The Catholic Church has a 2000 year unbreakable chain of Popes dating back to the 1st century, the second Pope being St Linus, Bishop of Rome in 67 AD.   The World Book Encyclopedia lists all of the Popes in this unbreakable chain and the world of encyclopedia is not a Catholic book.  See for yourself.

Nothing compares to the durability of of the church and the papacy which has never nor will ever be broken or vanish.  Two thousand years later and the Pope is one of the most influential leaders and probably the most in the world.  How influential is the queen of England or any surviving monarch today?  Tiny compared to the Pope.  The media and the world listen to the Pope even if they don't agree with him.

Time magazine voted Pope Francis the man of the year for instance.

This still doesn't answer my question. Maybe I should have been clearer: What are you basing this assertion on:
QuoteModern Judaism is a tiny religion that has little influence what so ever.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Contemporary Protestant

Why should i be catholic, out of all the choices i have

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: Mermaid on July 20, 2014, 03:00:44 PM
This still doesn't answer my question. Maybe I should have been clearer: What are you basing this assertion on:
I don't force my beliefs on anyone because that would make me a hypocrite because technically I am in mortal sin because I masturbated 3 days ago.

I'm not a good Catholic it's just that this is an interest of mine that I like to talk about.

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on July 20, 2014, 03:03:13 PM
Why should i be catholic, out of all the choices i have
Dont become Catholic if it goes against your conscience.  I have a very detailed answer to your question and I don't want to answer it now but later.

Johan

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 20, 2014, 12:17:47 PM
The Catholic Church mature s and grows as society does and she learns from her mistakes. 
'The fuck? Are you high?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: Moralnihilist on July 20, 2014, 02:47:32 PM
You seem to be incapable of thought.
A cursory look at the forum would have shown you otherwise and you could have moved on. But nope you are more interested in trying to "teach" the big bad Atheists something.
Big bad atheist?

Just because someone doesn't believe what I do doesn't make them any more bad than me or any other Catholic.

Mermaid

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 20, 2014, 03:09:07 PM
I don't force my beliefs on anyone because that would make me a hypocrite because technically I am in mortal sin because I masturbated 3 days ago.

I'm not a good Catholic it's just that this is an interest of mine that I like to talk about.
This still doesn't answer my question. Not even in the same ballpark.

So do you care to discuss your assertion (you brought it up, after all) that "Modern Judaism is a tiny religion that has little influence what so ever", or do you just plan to obfuscate and hope nobody notices?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Johan

Quote from: wolf39us on July 20, 2014, 02:53:16 PM

I don't really care what you meant, this is 100% not necessary.  I don't agree with almost everything his church teaches but this is simply unwarranted.
Understood. The arrogant prick pissed me off but good with his disingenuous statements about the church and homosexuality and I let that get to me. Won't happen again though I will likely have very little nice to say to that prick from here on out. I don't have much patience for arrogant little fuckwads like that.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

CatholicCrusader

Eight million Jews in the world who would define themselves as religious.  That is smaller than another tiny Religion called  Mormonism that has little influence on the world.

Quote from: Mermaid on July 20, 2014, 03:31:24 PM
This still doesn't answer my question. Not even in the same ballpark.

So do you care to discuss your assertion (you brought it up, after all) that "Modern Judaism is a tiny religion that has little influence what so ever", or do you just plan to obfuscate and hope nobody notices?
Since I've already answered your question I will get back to you .  I have some other questions I would like to answer here before that.  Research the Judaism off today compared to ancient Judaism and you will quickly and clearly and obviously find that it is not to same religion or the same traditions , or the same rituals, or the same Levitical priesthood.