News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

God's Not Dead - The Movie

Started by SGOS, September 16, 2014, 06:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Imagine a Kevin Sorbo Hollywood with 5 Christian movies playing at the Cineplex each week.  No, I'd rather leave it up to the Jews.  I like that one critics' comment at Rotten Tomatoes comparing God's Not Dead to "the typical ham fisted Christian movie."  LOL You know, I'm not even sure what ham fisted means, but I picture a big meaty fist bashing me over and over again with cheesy Christian propaganda:  Thump, thump, thump; Christians are better than others; Love Jesus; Let's have a theocracy, a Christian one.

Munch

Quote from: SGOS on September 18, 2014, 06:36:18 AM
Imagine a Kevin Sorbo Hollywood with 5 Christian movies playing at the Cineplex each week.  No, I'd rather leave it up to the Jews.  I like that one critics' comment at Rotten Tomatoes comparing God's Not Dead to "the typical ham fisted Christian movie."  LOL You know, I'm not even sure what ham fisted means, but I picture a big meaty fist bashing me over and over again with cheesy Christian propaganda:  Thump, thump, thump; Christians are better than others; Love Jesus; Let's have a theocracy, a Christian one.

Well ham fisted is a strong term for ham-handed, which is showing a strong lack of dexterity or subtlety or grace in actions, so in the case of this movie, its trying to hammer its plot across in the most unsophisticated way possible, saying "NO, ATHEISTS ARE EVIL, GOD IS RIGHT, GOD IS ALWAYS RIGHT!!"

This movie is really an anti atheist movie, though not like it matter because its a pile of shit. I recon if they had the money they'd have hired Mel Gibson, but they couldn't afford him so got a bargain basement actor instead.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on September 18, 2014, 06:44:58 AM
Well ham fisted is a strong term for ham-handed, which is showing a strong lack of dexterity or subtlety or grace in actions, so in the case of this movie, its trying to hammer its plot across in the most unsophisticated way possible, saying "NO, ATHEISTS ARE EVIL, GOD IS RIGHT, GOD IS ALWAYS RIGHT!!"

This movie is really an anti atheist movie, though not like it matter because its a pile of shit.
Thanks.  That was a helpful definition.  I'm embarrassed because as much as much as I like the phrase, I never figured that out on my own. 

What comes to mind is that Frankenstein spoof that Mel Brooks made with Gene Wilder.  The monster is smoking a cigar listening to someone play a violin, and he is soothed.  His limited vocabulary only allows him to say, "Hmmmm, Good!"

But then he accidently lights his pants on fire with the cigar, and goes into a panic trying to put it out.  Suddenly all he can say is, "Music, good!  Fire, bad!"

Christians, good!  Atheists, bad!"

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: stromboli on September 17, 2014, 10:56:46 PM
Kevin Sorbo is a fucking goldmine.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/kevin-sorbo-explains-why-more-christian-movies-arent-made-jews-run-hollywood/

QuoteThe actor, who has recently attacked atheists, blamed Jews for the death of Jesus, and compared black Ferguson protesters to animals, questioned why an atheist would be hired to direct a film version of a biblical story.

“I think next time when they want to do a, you know, character in the Bible, hire at least an agnostic and not an atheist to direct it,” Sorbo said. “I mean, the director is a self-proclaimed atheist.”

I knew it. Its them damn atheist gay jews again.  :doh:

Soooo... Hercules the series was directed by someone of the ancient greek faith? Huh, the more you know.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Munch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 18, 2014, 06:56:10 AM
I knew it. Its them damn atheist gay jews again.  :doh:

Soooo... Hercules the series was directed by someone of the ancient greek faith? Huh, the more you know.

That must have been interesting, i wonder if Sorbo was as much of a Mel Gibson'est back then as he is now, but didn't speak up because he needed the money. Considering so much of the ancient greek faith was stolen by christianity and turned into something else (christmas, hell, heaven, holidays) if the director of hercules and xena was that strong a follower of the old greek gods, he must be aware of how Christianity is just stolen ideas and themes.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

St Giordano Bruno

Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"