News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Peace be with you!

Started by CatholicCrusader, July 19, 2014, 04:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Munch on September 10, 2014, 06:38:18 AM
I think sometimes having someone on debate threads who is still devoutly theist can, at least, make for some interesting debates. Obviously a lot of us here already have strong understanding of religion, many being ex-<insert faith here>, so its not like anyone who is devout theist can teach anyone here anything.

But thinking of it kind of like an experiment in human sociology and study, you still need someone who is under such beliefs to recognize the problems it presents, so up until they really push there theistic belief on people, its well enough to pop some questions to them.
I agree with that. I have strong anti-religious beliefs based on what I view as facts.  But it is good for my beliefs and facts to be tested with those with different facts.  Rather than arguments about subjects, I'd rather participate in a discussion.  I have found that I cannot change anybody--that change has to come from within the other person.  But by having a reasonable discussion about something, at least the other has been exposed to my way of thinking in a way that at least has a chance of heard and considered.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?