Peace be with you!

Started by CatholicCrusader, July 19, 2014, 04:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

Are my brother via parentage? No
Are you my brother in arms? No
Are you my brother in my struggle to achieve the goals set ahead of us? No

You are not my brother.

I was born Episcopalian, I am an atheist, because I don't believe in your God, I believe in stuff I can see and feel, stuff that's inherently within people.

Not your book

You should not have come here to convert or persuade us, because many of us are bitter towards religion in general, not even counting those who have suffered at the hands of the Catholic Church. 

You'll have to pardon my disinterest in buying indulgences, but I'd rather walk out of my house and be my own man, than follow the "strong moral and ethical, except when it serves out purposes to behave otherwise" code that the Catholic church spouts at us.

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

DunkleSeele

The examples I gave you above apply to Italy not Vatican. ITALY. And the Vatican is a joke state. They even always used the Italian currency (before the Euro). I long for the day when that territory will return to its legitimate owner: Italy.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 19, 2014, 05:35:27 PM
I didn't come here to sling insults at people or have an insult contest.
You came here to proselytize. You're fair game.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

AllPurposeAtheist

You're not scoring 'godpoints' here. If you want a crusade I suggest forming a literal army and take your chances like the last crusade.
I'm not going to engage in name calling with you, but there are a good number of people here with more knowledge of church doctrine than you think and it's very unlikely you'll persuade anyone of anything here. You stand a better chance of getting kicked out.
Stating your beliefs is fine, but it's belief and nothing more unless you have a magic 2000 year old corpse hidden in your basement.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Green Bottle

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 19, 2014, 05:50:48 PM
I'm not saying Italy isn't one of the most Catholic countries in the world I'm just sayin that is not THE most.

To be honest id say there's nobody on here who really gives a flying fuck............

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Shiranu

Quote from: DunkleSeele on July 19, 2014, 05:56:36 PM
The examples I gave you above apply to Italy not Vatican. ITALY. And the Vatican is a joke state. They even always used the Italian currency (before the Euro). I long for the day when that territory will return to its legitimate owner: Italy.

Yeah... I understand why it was separated (at the time, the support of the Catholic church went ALONG way towards getting the Italian people to become unified)... but there is no need for it to be separate anymore.

But then there is also the City of London, which I believe is even older and still it's separate territory... so who knows...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

JohnD

Welcome Catholic Crusader, let us help deliver you from your religious Matrix. No pills necessary, just an open mind :)
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Contemporary Protestant

Dunkensteele, you're from vatican city? or italy, i didn't quite understand what you meant

Hakurei Reimu

I am not your brother. Nor your sister.

You have about as much to teach us about catholicism as that moron Eve did.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on July 19, 2014, 07:50:08 PM
Dunkensteele, you're from vatican city? or italy, i didn't quite understand what you meant
Lol

well it's good to see that there is a Protestant or more at this site. I was hoping for that :)

stromboli

We don't have any "misconceptions" about an institution that has a centuries' long history of homophobia, misogyny, pederasty and is responsible for the birth of millions of unwanted children by condemning birth control and the spread of Aids by condemning the use of condoms. Or the genocidal treatment of native populations, torture and murder of people they didn't like or just plain blind ignorance on everything else.

You invited yourself here, you can invite yourself to leave.

CatholicCrusader

I hope you weren't offended by the Catholic flag or coat of arms.

If someone is passionate about gay rights then they should waive the rainbow flag.  There is nothing wrong with expressing what you r passionate about!

If something is important to you speak up.

I admire those who stand up for what they believe is right even if it means loss of friends and reputation or martyrdom.

If a communist wanted to come here with a hammer and sickle flag or a fascist wanted to have a swastika avatar, I see nothing wrong with it as long as the intent is not just to irritate or Provoke people.

AllPurposeAtheist

I would be offended by the Nazi flag and not about to apologize for that. I DO see many things wrong with it. Just because your passionate about something doesn't by default make it all better just like the catholic church. You can believe it all you like, but no amount of prayer and faith can wash the stink off Catholicism.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

DunkleSeele

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on July 19, 2014, 07:50:08 PM
Born and raised in Italy, I've been living in another country for the last 20+ years.

Poison Tree

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 19, 2014, 04:53:41 PM
Not sure. I'm also not sure why God didn't warn King David to not commit adultery and murder of his right hand man which caused him and his whole family and his whole kingdom to suffer greatly.
Since you brought it up, why--according to the bible--was god so willing to kill David's baby (and babies in general) yet--according to your church--so pissed at the concept of using condoms to prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS? On a related note, how can you decry picking and choosing among protestants while picking and choosing among catholic doctrine yourself--such as your expressed views on contraceptives and clerical celibacy--?
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide