News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Bravo Staff And Administrators

Started by Solitary, July 16, 2014, 04:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

I glad you have all been such a good job of getting rid of the trash that has been disrupting the forum. One question, since the same guy and his friends were banned before and were still able to get back on, what's to prevent them from keep doing it if they are using proxy accounts? You guys have no idea how happy this makes me. After my last ten years of so many physical and mental challenges I don't have many things I can enjoy because of disabilities. This forum is one of the few that is part of my life now that I usually enjoy, and where I think I have found a few friends out side of my family and two others by email. Thanks again, super job guys! .Solitary  :super: :dance: :pidu: :flowers: :biggrin2:   
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

wolf39us

there's not a whole heck of a lot we can do about the proxies at the moment.  I am looking into a software fix for them.  Maybe I'll be able to find like a DNS blacklist or something.

I'll figure something out... but as it stands I have banned over 250 email providers (throw away temp ones) and have pin pointed several of the ip addresses coming from multiple accounts and nailed their asses too.

AF.org is also helping me identify some people too.  Some forum camaraderie lol

DunkleSeele

Thanks Solitary!

As for the proxy problem: we really can't avoid it. It would be unfair to reject accounts made through proxies, because some legitimate members use them to protect their privacy. Whether they do it because they're a bit paranoid about being spied on, or because they are in countries where being identified as atheists would put them in danger, it's anyway their right to use them and we can't take it away from them.

Solitary

I  realize it would hurt people that need proxies in the rest of the world, and it would be unfair to them. What ever, you guys are really on top of the problem now, and I am so grateful, and can't thank you all enough!  :clap: Solitary

The Skeletal Atheist

Yeah, I'd like to congratulate you guys as well. Summer will end eventually though.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Fidel_Castronaut

The filth shall not be tolerated.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Green Bottle

Aye well it seems that over the last week or so we've been blitzed by the muppets n morons an u guys have done a good job of gettin rid so well done, keep up the good work...... :clap:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

aitm

yeah.....and in a month you'll all be bitchin that we don't allow chew toys no more....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: aitm on July 16, 2014, 08:24:38 PM
yeah.....and in a month you'll all be bitchin that we don't allow chew toys no more....
Ah, yes, the Moderator's Curse. I know it well.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

Quote from: aitm on July 16, 2014, 08:24:38 PM
I think while we are getting such a huge surge of trolls, we won't even be able to enjoy a chew toy anyway. It's just too overwhelming from the amount of them. Maybe when it dies down, we can have a chew toy now and again... we'll see, but it's your call in the end anyway because you guys are the mods. I'm just putting my two cents in there.

AllPurposeAtheist

If you feel really bad for not having a chew toy solitary confided that he'll volunteer to be abused for no good damned reason. Just don't tell him I ratted him out here.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

Quote from: PickelledEggs on July 16, 2014, 08:52:22 PM
I think while we are getting such a huge surge of trolls, we won't even be able to enjoy a chew toy anyway. It's just too overwhelming from the amount of them. Maybe when it dies down, we can have a chew toy now and again... we'll see, but it's your call in the end anyway because you guys are the mods. I'm just putting my two cents in there.

I have this image of a 16th century sailing ship being assailed by boarders, and the good guys running about bashing people with belaying pins and hacking away with cutlasses. Sort of like that.

As far as chew toys go, I think that is kind of self induced on their part. If they bring the stupid, we bring the pain.

Solitary

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 16, 2014, 09:18:32 PM
If you feel really bad for not having a chew toy solitary confided that he'll volunteer to be abused for no good damned reason. Just don't tell him I ratted him out here.

"No fools  are so troublesome as those who have some wit." He! He! Solitary 

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Solitary on July 17, 2014, 11:55:58 AM
"No fools  are so troublesome as those who have some wit." He! He! Solitary 
I knew someone would rat me out..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

horribleusername

I was promised that I would become a moderator here because I signed up. So where is it? Let me become a moderator here, I would be the bestest moderator you evar had