News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Going meatless

Started by PapaSmurf34, February 21, 2013, 03:52:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youssuf Ramadan

I have the occasional veggie meal as my gf is a vegetarian.  However, I'm into a lot of sports, so I need the protein from meat.  That said, I tend to go for chicken, fish and eggs rather than red meat - no real issue with red meat, I just prefer the other sources.

C172

I agree with the sentiment about fake meat. Tofu on its own isn't fake anything. It's tofu and it is a damn good thing. But tofurkey? I've never even seen it and the mere thought nauseates me.

The one exception to this is that I love black bean veggie burgers. I had one today, in fact. I think it was from Burger Lounge. And for breakfast, nothing fills me up better than a veggie sausage patty on a biscuit.

Worst veggie thing I've ever had is some sort of mock bacon strips at breakfast one day.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: "C172"I agree with the sentiment about fake meat. Tofu on its own isn't fake anything. It's tofu and it is a damn good thing. But tofurkey? I've never even seen it and the mere thought nauseates me.

The one exception to this is that I love black bean veggie burgers. I had one today, in fact. I think it was from Burger Lounge. And for breakfast, nothing fills me up better than a veggie sausage patty on a biscuit.

Worst veggie thing I've ever had is some sort of mock bacon strips at breakfast one day.
My ex tried to get me to eat that mock bacon. It's fucking horrible.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: "C172"Worst veggie thing I've ever had is some sort of mock bacon strips at breakfast one day.

Sacrilege indeed.   :x

I like them Mexican-style chilli bean burgers with loads of onions in a big fat granary bun.  Yeahh...  8-)

Atheon

I've tried going meatless. I think I made it for three days once.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Farroc

Quote from: "C172"Worst veggie thing I've ever had is some sort of mock bacon strips at breakfast one day.
Yeah, I tried that fake bacon stuff one day. It looks, and tastes like that bacon dog food with the stupid commercials. You know, with the hyperactive talking dog. Other than that, all of the vegetarian meats I eat are pretty good to me. Probably just because I haven't had meet in over a year. But, it's the logical thing to do. :)
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

C172

Beggin' Strips! Ha!!!  :rollin: