News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Staff Bans / Logs

Started by wolf39us, July 13, 2014, 10:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 29, 2019, 11:39:06 AM
@Mr.Obvious do you know when his account was altered/deleted? This could help wolf, naru, and I restoring it and also figuring out what happened

I don't know when it was altered, but I remember asking about it in the shoutbox a week or two ago, when I'd noticed it. I got no response and forgot about it for a while.
It was deleted hours after I posted the link in the shoutbox last night (my local time, maybe 20 hours ago) to show drunkenshoe and Baruch. It was still there when I posted the link in this tread, but was deleted before Sal1981 made his post.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 29, 2019, 12:08:20 PM
I don't know when it was altered, but I remember asking about it in the shoutbox a week or two ago, when I'd noticed it. I got no response and forgot about it for a while.
It was deleted hours after I posted the link in the shoutbox last night (my local time, maybe 20 hours ago) to show drunkenshoe and Baruch. It was still there when I posted the link in this tread, but was deleted before Sal1981 made his post.
This information should help a lot, actually. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PickelledEggs

@wolf39us

wolf39us

He was banned, he just didn't show up in normal member searches.  We found him

_Xenu_

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 29, 2019, 08:15:13 AM
But then who altered it to link to nambla and the likes? And why? 
That was me, and for my own amusement. While I did not make the decision to ban him alone, I did decide to fuck with him on his way out the door. The truth is, pr26 was an asshat who long had it coming.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: _Xenu_ on April 29, 2019, 03:44:53 PM
That was me, and for my own amusement.

Not my cup of tea, to say it gently.
Banning is one thing. A necessary thing. Finding any enjoyment in the matter, is something else.

Gawdzilla Sama

I suspect the Langoliers.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Quote from: _Xenu_ on April 29, 2019, 03:44:53 PM
That was me, and for my own amusement. While I did not make the decision to ban him alone, I did decide to fuck with him on his way out the door. The truth is, pr26 was an asshat who long had it coming.

And how on earth you thought this was OK? Banning a member is not something you can turn into personal amusement. If you don't get that you shouldn't be moderating. Have you ever seen any mods and admins doing anything like this? You think they couldn't have?

E: Have you two even got into a row or smt? It seems to me you have done something like this, because he wouldn't be able to give any response or change it.             

The below explanation is the exact reason why pr is banned. Everyone knows that. It's not something personal. Pickel has warned him repeatedly for a long time and he was perfectly aware of what was going on. The fact that 'he had it coming' is not some sort of a justification; a free pass to do something like this. It's ugly. 

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 29, 2019, 11:22:46 AM
pr was banned weeks ago because he continuously trolls and provokes.

People that have done less than him, have been banned, simply because they were new. Honestly, it's been a long time coming. Pr abused his seniority on this site by being a constant thorn in all of our sides (with exception to 2 or 3 of you members).
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

PickelledEggs

I don't think xenu was taking anything personal from pr, from my understanding at least...

I think he was just frustrated with him, like pretty much all of us were

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 29, 2019, 10:00:43 PM
I don't think xenu was taking anything personal from pr, from my understanding at least...

I think he was just frustrated with him, like pretty much all of us were

It would be justice to un-vandalize his account, even if he stays banned.  Otherwise this looks anarchist.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Baruch on April 29, 2019, 10:07:29 PM
It would be justice to un-vandalize his account, even if he stays banned.  Otherwise this looks anarchist.
Im not even sure what was changed lol

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 29, 2019, 10:09:19 PM

The prior database copy found earlier would show.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Baruch on April 29, 2019, 10:14:08 PM
The prior database copy found earlier would show.
I wish it was that easy.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 29, 2019, 10:09:19 PM

I remember what it was changed to. Not from, alas..

E:
To:
Personal text: 2 stupid 2 live
signature: a link to nambla
profile pic: a communist flag

drunkenshoe

Xenu made a perfectly justified ban personal by changing pr's profile, under the forum's name. A profile is what a member writes by himself, a record he leaves behind in any case. Xenu did that, because he can't acess to it anymore and get back. That's the whole point. It's an abuse of power and a petty one at that.

It makes the forum look like as a place that could hold grudge against a member in moderation level. There is no such thing. If that was the case, he would have been banned years ago. He was one of the oldest members of this forum and he was tolerated. pr has been a member of this forum more than a decade, if memory serves right.   

Nambla is the North American Man/Boy Love Association; a pedophilia and pederasty advocacy organization in the United States. This is not just something highly offensive and abhorrent to most people in most societies, it is also illegal. I don't care about why the existence of such a society is legal, or if it still exists, it is besides the point. pr is NOT a pedopihile, needlessly to say. And this actually victimises him in some way. 

Most of the regulars have been frustrated by pr for a  long time. But Pickel, I think you would be the person frustrated/annoyed by him the most, esp. considering you have moderated this forum all by yourself for some time, when it was more crowded and more agressive, without any experience when you started. It can't be easy. I don't remember you abusing your power, esp. nothing like this. And that should be the way. There were times, more than a few people got into long rows every week. I probably took half your time, occasionally.

The Soviet Union flag, mom's basement, or age: 128 or to 2 stupid 2 live... could look 'funny' written on a post; you could call someone a cunt, an asshole, a moron, a bitch, stupid, retarded; tell them to go fuck themselves...etc when you are triggered or mad in a conversation, but no, this is not something like that. This is not OK. And it is not about pr.

I also remembered that I have written a message about Xenu back when he was first considered for the staff. To Pickel or to POP I guess, don't remember. I know you guys don't have much choice and you need people; you need solutions. 

Anyway, I'd appreciate if senior, experienced admins pay more attention to mods and their actions. This is a safe place for all of us. We have been here for a long time.   

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp