News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Staff Bans / Logs

Started by wolf39us, July 13, 2014, 10:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: aitm on April 08, 2019, 07:11:53 AM
well I tossed him but don't know why he doesn't show up as banned.
Holey Ghost???
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 07, 2019, 12:14:46 PM
No newer bannings?

No doubt you hope for a wider Stalinist purge ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Mr.Obvious

So... Did pr126 get banned or something of the likes?

His profile seems tampered with and he hasn't been online in well over a month.

http://atheistforums.com/index.p...u=8670
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Sal1981

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 28, 2019, 06:11:33 PM

His profile doesn't exist anymore.

What gives?

Mr.Obvious

Curiouser and curiouser.
It wasn't gone when I mentioned it last night. Just altered.

aitm

well, I haven't done anything...
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

PopeyesPappy

PR's isn't the first profile of someone who got banned to disappear lately. Not sure what is going on.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Shiranu

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 28, 2019, 06:11:33 PM

He was suspended/banned about a month and a week ago, though I wasn't given the reasons why. My guess is because of his consistently posting outright false articles or at best heavily distorted pieces to justify legitimate bigotry.

This may come as a shock, but I do feel that was perhaps a bit harsh... but I also don't think he would have learned a lesson with a suspension either, assuming it was because that. So in the long run it might have just been to save everyone some time and frustration. And lets be honest; he had been getting away with that for a very long time which also likely factored into it.

I frankly don't know what the "right" answer to his situation would have been, though like I said I think a temporary suspension may have been more appropriate (if likely ineffective and would  have simply led to a perm-ban later on). As for what happened to his account, I'm not sure about that either. It is a bit weird it dissapeared right after he was brought up.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on April 29, 2019, 07:13:33 AM
PR's isn't the first profile of someone who got banned to disappear lately. Not sure what is going on.

But then who altered it to link to nambla and the likes? And why?  And, not to be a hassle, but seemingly a lot of us didn't even know he was banned. Baruch., drunkenshoe, pickelledeggs (if I understand correctly), shouldn't it have been mentioned here as well.
I'm not saying there was an overabundance of love for him, but if nothing else, he was a long time member. I hope such a thing would be properly communicated.

Sorry if I am missing anything.

PickelledEggs

pr was banned weeks ago because he continuously trolls and provokes.

People that have done less than him, have been banned, simply because they were new. Honestly, it's been a long time coming. Pr abused his seniority on this site by being a constant thorn in all of our sides (with exception to 2 or 3 of you members).

That said. NO ONE is allowed a deletion. (other than new accounts that do those spam posts, linking to things) The account stays. Always. The posts. The private messages. All of it. That is the rule. We are currently looking in to why everything having to do with pr has vanished off of the forum, but this is not our doing. It could be a glitch or something that pr did himself.

PickelledEggs

As for communicating it on here, we have been slacking on that. It is a good idea to keep up with this thread and updating you on who has been banned and why, though sometimes we forget. It was not me who activated a ban on pr, but even I have forgotten to post in here with previous bans.

Just remember though, this thread is (relatively) new compared to the site as a courtesy to you guys.

PickelledEggs

@Mr.Obvious do you know when his account was altered/deleted? This could help wolf, naru, and I restoring it and also figuring out what happened

PickelledEggs

or anyone else, for that matter

Baruch

If there is no audit trail on changes to user accounts, specifically, then he could have modified his own profile, but I don't see how that could have resulted in removal from the member list (unless it glitched when he modified it (say deleting his email address)).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.