Yes Another ABBA thread, whatcha gonna do about it?

Started by Brian37, February 20, 2013, 04:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AllPurposeAtheist

You people are getting off topic,,,Bri the exhibitionist! :P

Brian37

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"ABBA never got past the letter B.

Well in 8 short years they put out 8 albums with 22 #1 hits and since then have sold 370,000,000 million albums. No they did not get past the letter B but the definitely get an A.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Brian37

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"ABBA never got past the letter B.

No offense to Bri, but she has posted pics and just not my cup of tea, maybe for Hindus or Buddhists, but not me. Sorry Bri.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

AllPurposeAtheist

I think I speak for the entire English speaking world Brian when I say, Ok, we get it.. you're an ABBA fan. ;)

WitchSabrina

[spoil:2rw7o6m0]Captain America melds with Elvis and has bi/gay babies with Liberace

[/spoil:2rw7o6m0]

buwwaaahaaaa
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Brian37

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"I think I speak for the entire English speaking world Brian when I say, Ok, we get it.. you're an ABBA fan. ;)

I WILL NOT BE IGNORED DAN! (What, too stalkish?)

I don't think you understand. It is my life. I would die for ABBA. I would vote republican......oh wait, no. Yea actually I think you do get it. He he. :P

Brian37

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"[spoil:3gz3puuw]Captain America melds with Elvis and has bi/gay babies with Liberace

[ Image ][/spoil:3gz3puuw]

buwwaaahaaaa

Look that was part of their downfall I think. Comic book colors and super hero costumes were popular in the 70s. Evil Knievel look. Ugg what were they thinking. But KISS did it too so..........

Everyone focused on that, but man were the girls sexy in "Knowing Me Knowing You" and "The Name Of The Game". Plus they really did make good music despite that. Not your cup of tea, I do get that.

But I do think they were far too maligned in the states and got a bad rap. I seriously cannot think of one type of music I listen to today that in some way I cant trace back to ABBA and think "That's why I like this".

Everything from contemporary Jazz to Metallica to R&B and 80s rock.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Brian37"Look that was part of their downfall I think. Comic book colors and super hero costumes were popular in the 70s. Evil Knievel look. Ugg what were they thinking. But KISS did it too so..........

Everyone focused on that, but man were the girls sexy in "Knowing Me Knowing You" and "The Name Of The Game". Plus they really did make good music despite that. Not your cup of tea, I do get that.

But I do think they were far too maligned in the states and got a bad rap. I seriously cannot think of one type of music I listen to today that in some way I cant trace back to ABBA and think "That's why I like this".

Kiss was Supposed to dress weird. LOL
Just saw your post about pics.  My bad.  I will refrain.  Was just having fun Brian.  You know meee.

cheers
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Brian37

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"
Quote from: "Brian37"Look that was part of their downfall I think. Comic book colors and super hero costumes were popular in the 70s. Evil Knievel look. Ugg what were they thinking. But KISS did it too so..........

Kiss was Supposed to dress weird. LOL
Just saw your post about pics.  My bad.  I will refrain.  Was just having fun Brian.  You know meee.

cheers

Have fun it really is ok, some of their costumes were facepalm material. Seriously take a look at Ani Frid in "One Of Us" trying to look punk with the bright red hair and doily white collar on a black blouse. I want to bitch slap the costume designer.

AllPurposeAtheist

Confession time: I liked ABBA a little more than over cooked plain ramen noodles..oh...and Debby Boone. :P

Brian37

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Confession time: I liked ABBA a little more than over cooked plain ramen noodles..oh...and Debby Boone. :P

If you really want to push the haters over the edge, add the Carpenters to that, yes, I like the Carpenters too.

Brian37

Ok Bri, here is an immage that makes me cringe being an ABBA fan.

Agnetha to the left looks great but Anni Frid on the right, what the hell? Judge Judy meets Mad Max's girlfriend?

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Brian37"
Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Confession time: I liked ABBA a little more than over cooked plain ramen noodles..oh...and Debby Boone. :P

If you really want to push the haters over the edge, add the Carpenters to that, yes, I like the Carpenters too.
crap! I liked the Carpenters.. you've just ruined my whole.musical day. I'll have ABBA singing Karen Carpenter songs in my head all day now. Damned you! :evil:

wolf39us

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"I chose the pic because it was bad, lol. OK with One Night in Bangkok, Chess reminds me my childhood. There you go.

Writer posted a YouTube video

E: By the way Brian, I am just messing with you.

Evolution in action!!  :rollin:

[youtube:2zp2gmuu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9juMbrX-Xs[/youtube:2zp2gmuu]