Yes Another ABBA thread, whatcha gonna do about it?

Started by Brian37, February 20, 2013, 04:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian37

I was listening to an online feed called "Waterloo Radio" which simply doesn't reapeat just the hits, but all their songs, and even newer remakes by independent artists. And even includes the songs they preformed and or wrote for others after they broke up.

ANYWHO, so I am listening and the song "One Night In Bangkok" a pop hit in the 80s played and I thought "what", come to find out it was composed for a musical play called "Chess" which Bjorn and Benny did the scores for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Night_in_Bangkok
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Brian37

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"No thanks, once was enough. AND I even apologised! :lol:

[ Image ]

Hey actually this was more about the song"One Night In Bangkok", but considering that pick, maybe they did have a rip roaring time there once. LOL

That is a pretty bad pic of them. They look like they are out of some si fi B movie.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Brian37

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"I chose the pic because it was bad, lol. OK with One Night in Bangkok, Chess reminds me my childhood. There you go.

Writer posted a YouTube video

E: By the way Brian, I am just messing with you.

I knew that. Actually ABBA did have some really gawdy costumes at points and other times very well put together. I thought they looked awesome in "Knowing Me Knowing You"

But Frida the red head looks horrible in "One of Us". I guess the video makers wanted her to look punk and feminine to match with the rising punk erra, HOLLY SHIT what a fucking mistake.

Thanks for posting the video btw.

Brian37

Holly shit I just heard a song "On And On And On" By ABBA I hadn't heard since I was a pre teen. I loved that song and just heard it again after all these years. Memories damned memories. Makes me ALMOST wish I could go back in time, except my youth was tortured in real life. But man, this is like finding that 20 dollar bill you lost.

FlatEarth1024

If you're gonna have an ABBA thread, then you gotta have the best solo song from any one of the members.

[youtube:fkq8fkng]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMIUs9AFDKE[/youtube:fkq8fkng]

BTW:  Daryl Stermer played the guitar solo and Phil Collins played drums on this song.

Brian37

Phil Collins holly shit I didn't know that. WOW

AllPurposeAtheist

Brian..it's official. We're never going out bar hopping to pick up chicks together, but my brother would fit right in with you.. :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Brian37

Quote from: "FlatEarth1024"If you're gonna have an ABBA thread, then you gotta have the best solo song from any one of the members.

Writer posted a YouTube video

BTW:  Daryl Stermer played the guitar solo and Phil Collins played drums on this song.

I also liked off that album "I See Red".

Brian37

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Brian..it's official. We're never going out bar hopping to pick up chicks together, but my brother would fit right in with you.. :)

What is it with ABBAphobia?

If you brother is as much as a dork as I am, Revenge of the Nerds is where it is at man.

AllPurposeAtheist

Certainly ABBAphobia is covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Brian, I ask for you to vouch for me at.my disability hearing. I would be honored then we can go to an ABBA bar and pick up chicks! :P

Brian37

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Certainly ABBAphobia is covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Brian, I ask for you to vouch for me at.my disability hearing. I would be honored then we can go to an ABBA bar and pick up chicks! :P

LOL, you are not ABBAcapped you are ABBAcapable.

WitchSabrina

I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Brian37

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"ABBA?

[ Image ]

You know you shouldn't have expressed your displeasure with cats, I love cats, no not the musical, just pets. It only will encourage me more. MUEHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHA

Now you know how I feel when Hillbilly Atheist here on this forum talks about banjos and country music.

AllPurposeAtheist

Bri..we KNOW you're an exhibitionist, but you need to shave. :shock:

Brian37

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Bri..we KNOW you're an exhibitionist, but you need to shave. :shock:

Damn, didn't think of that comeback. Good burn. A good burn is a good burn even among friends, and APA got you on that one Bri.

Don't feel bad Bri, I was always and still am late with the burns myself, so no doubt you'll get me me or us back on this somewhere. :P