News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

A New Heathen Has Arrived!

Started by ecksperience, July 11, 2014, 12:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecksperience

Hello forum-goers! My full name is Sean Heidrich, but you can refer to me as ecksperience/ecks in the forums. I'm pretty young still, 15 years old. I am an atheist with an anti-theistic approach to debates while still being respectful towards others. I always backup my claims with evidence and love to debate different topics regarding religion. I haven't had much experience on forums or blogs, but the lack of school and my growing interest in topics of religion motivates me to participate. I hope to see and maybe debate you in the forums!

As for my religious background, I don't have much of one. My relatives are all Christians, some of them more devout than others. I lived in a house where God was never really spoken of unless it was necessary in explaining something that my parent's couldn't. I never read the bible or went to church, except for funerals and relative's communions, and one wedding at least. God never came up at Christmas or on Easter Sunday. It was always dinner with my father's side of the family. I was told and believed in Heaven and Hell but never really thought about sin. At times, I was motivated by my own desire to live a fulfilling life and afterlife, so I became more into religion. It was amazing how I wasn't indoctrinated into the religion and yet I still had a yearning to go down that road. Finally, at about 13 years old, I started watching TheAmazingAtheist  on Youtube. After him, my quest for religion turned into a quest against religion, subscribing to CultOfDusty, Jaclyn Glenn, watching Richard Dawkins' "The God Delusion", and so on. It was this rollercoaster ride of potential energy inside my brain that was ready to burst into a very needed epiphany: I didn't believe in God. I now understood, at about 13, close to 14 years old, that the idea of God didn't make any sense. I continued to embrace reason and non-belief, researching religion and the logical fallacies of the Bible. Even though I've only been seriously interested in religion for 2 and a half years, I have learned a lot about its atrocities.

I came out as an atheist some time after my 15th birthday without any outside inspiration to do so. My mother first replied with the argument that I cannot "legally" be an atheist, which is absurd. The religious affiliation, or lack thereof, that I identify with, has nothing to do with what is legal. It was obvious she wasn't happy with my newfounded  disbelief, but she didn't cry or have much of an emotional fit about it. We only discussed religion a couple times after that, the first discussion of which ended with her being disappointed in me because the reason I was an atheist was because of my prior research and findings on the internet, because the internet is 100% lies. My mom's relationship with me isn't bad because she isn't super devout or anything. All she believes is that Jesus died for our sins and everyone goes to Heaven. My father doesn't care about religion, says he believes in God, but he's as devout as an atheist.

Did I miss anything? Hmm... I live in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I love and am worried about the environmental issues in the world like global warming and the causes for global warming. Even though I'm not old enough to vote or participate in much political debate, I already have my stances on lots of political topics. Mostly about the environment and religion, though.

Can't wait to debate,
Ecksperience

stromboli

15. So... the usual tribute of beer is out of the question. Welcome.

PickelledEggs

Welcome. Be sure to byob at the this year's BBQ (bring your own baby)

Hydra009

Nice intro.  Very direct and informative.  I like that.

Draconic Aiur

Welcome to the forums! However THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE SEAN! ANGARD!

DunkleSeele

Welcome to our little shark tank, Ecksperience!

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: DunkleSeele on July 11, 2014, 03:57:38 AM
Welcome to our little shark tank, Ecksperience!

more like flying shark bear titan cage

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

stromboli

I got to admit I've never been in close proximity with more than one Sean at a time, so this will take some adjustment.

Solitary

Welcome aboard ecksperience! I'm original from Joliet, and my wife from Lockport Illinois. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Green Bottle

Welcome tae the Madhoose Sean..
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Mr.Obvious

Welcome to our merry little band of heathens!
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

PopeADope II

Quote from: ecksperience on July 11, 2014, 12:19:51 AM
Hello forum-goers! My full name is Sean Heidrich, but you can refer to me as ecksperience/ecks in the forums. I'm pretty young still, 15 years old. I am an atheist with an anti-theistic approach to debates while still being respectful towards others. I always backup my claims with evidence and love to debate different topics regarding religion. I haven't had much experience on forums or blogs, but the lack of school and my growing interest in topics of religion motivates me to participate. I hope to see and maybe debate you in the forums!

As for my religious background, I don't have much of one. My relatives are all Christians, some of them more devout than others. I lived in a house where God was never really spoken of unless it was necessary in explaining something that my parent's couldn't. I never read the bible or went to church, except for funerals and relative's communions, and one wedding at least. God never came up at Christmas or on Easter Sunday. It was always dinner with my father's side of the family. I was told and believed in Heaven and Hell but never really thought about sin. At times, I was motivated by my own desire to live a fulfilling life and afterlife, so I became more into religion. It was amazing how I wasn't indoctrinated into the religion and yet I still had a yearning to go down that road. Finally, at about 13 years old, I started watching TheAmazingAtheist  on Youtube. After him, my quest for religion turned into a quest against religion, subscribing to CultOfDusty, Jaclyn Glenn, watching Richard Dawkins' "The God Delusion", and so on. It was this rollercoaster ride of potential energy inside my brain that was ready to burst into a very needed epiphany: I didn't believe in God. I now understood, at about 13, close to 14 years old, that the idea of God didn't make any sense. I continued to embrace reason and non-belief, researching religion and the logical fallacies of the Bible. Even though I've only been seriously interested in religion for 2 and a half years, I have learned a lot about its atrocities.

I came out as an atheist some time after my 15th birthday without any outside inspiration to do so. My mother first replied with the argument that I cannot "legally" be an atheist, which is absurd. The religious affiliation, or lack thereof, that I identify with, has nothing to do with what is legal. It was obvious she wasn't happy with my newfounded  disbelief, but she didn't cry or have much of an emotional fit about it. We only discussed religion a couple times after that, the first discussion of which ended with her being disappointed in me because the reason I was an atheist was because of my prior research and findings on the internet, because the internet is 100% lies. My mom's relationship with me isn't bad because she isn't super devout or anything. All she believes is that Jesus died for our sins and everyone goes to Heaven. My father doesn't care about religion, says he believes in God, but he's as devout as an atheist.

Did I miss anything? Hmm... I live in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I love and am worried about the environmental issues in the world like global warming and the causes for global warming. Even though I'm not old enough to vote or participate in much political debate, I already have my stances on lots of political topics. Mostly about the environment and religion, though.

Can't wait to debate,
Ecksperience
I will debate you...

Put on your boxing gloves....Let's's get ready to rumble!