If You Like Intrigue, Excitement, and Spy Movies, See This!

Started by Solitary, July 08, 2014, 11:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Solitary on July 08, 2014, 11:52:16 PM
Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit.
I read a Jack Ryan novel, but for the life of me can't remember who writes the Ryan stuff.. :think:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 09, 2014, 04:51:59 AM
I read a Jack Ryan novel, but for the life of me can't remember who writes the Ryan stuff.. :think:
Tom Clancy.  Hunt for Red October is on my Best Ten list of movies.  I'm not sure, but I think the movie, Jack Ryan, was mostly a Hollywood endeavor.  I don't think Clancy had much to do with the script.

stromboli

I read the Hunt For Red October and saw the movie largely to see how accurate it was. I got to admit, Clancy got it right. His portrayal of how subs operate was accurate. Never read any of his other books. They were just not of interest to me.

AllPurposeAtheist

I read Red October, but Clancy isn't really a great writer in my opinion.. He comes up with some OK stuff, but he strikes me as to much of an ideologue..  I'm not much info the so called super spy dude who never gets his ass kicked EVER..
Maybe I ought to write about the guy who is ALWAYS getting his ass kicked and couldn't get laid in a whorehouse with $1000 taped to his dick..

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

SGOS

Years ago, I bought a Clancy book, but it was not interesting at all, and I never finished it.  It was something about a computer guy that rode a motorcycle.  Ring any bells?

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: SGOS on July 09, 2014, 11:56:59 AM
Years ago, I bought a Clancy book, but it was not interesting at all, and I never finished it.  It was something about a computer guy that rode a motorcycle.  Ring any bells?
Sounds familiar.. Was he a hacker who used a modem and payphone?

Hijiri Byakuren

Yeah, I mostly don't like Clancy's novels either. I found "The Bear and the Dragon" to be a real page-turner, though.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

SGOS