News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post Funny Videos

Started by wolf39us, February 20, 2013, 01:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBfic_SIAoc

I gotta say, that owl part was pretty F'ed up.  Have you guys seen the aftermath of an owl attack?  I'm looking at a picture of a snowy owl chick snuggling in a nest surrounded by the mangled carcasses of at least 20 dead lemmings.  It's like the bird equivalent of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre house.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 10, 2022, 10:24:58 AM
I guess something that fueled my love of the book was the reaction of my then very Catholic brother-in-law so much. :)))  Just seeing the book laying around irritated him--loved it.  It is interesting that since then, he has gone from studying to become a deacon in the church to a status I call 'recovering catholic'.  Much easier for me to be around him now.

:lol: I knew there was something! :p
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTHB8iC1C0E

Aliens definitely exist and we're definitely hiding them because we don't want you to think that they might exist.  Also, we're funding SETI, whose mission statement is to find aliens because they might exist.

And here are some declassified documents on UFOs - calm yourself, these are literally unidentified aircraft, not flying saucers - but that won't be your first impression, will it?

GSOgymrat

A couple of days ago my best friend called me to discuss investing in NFTs and the conversation was about the level described in this video. I think NFTs were invented so that people could have more things that could be bought and sold without having to actually produce anything. I believe NFTs are ridiculous, costly to the environment, and an opportunity to make stupid money.

https://youtu.be/cJzNiFLyw8k

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

And I've just learned what SIMP means. E: Also he could be filthy rich and 600 dollars could be like 6 cents to him too. LOL

the_antithesis

Quote from: GSOgymrat on January 20, 2022, 02:37:18 PM
A couple of days ago my best friend called me to discuss investing in NFTs and the conversation was about the level described in this video. I think NFTs were invented so that people could have more things that could be bought and sold without having to actually produce anything. I believe NFTs are ridiculous, costly to the environment, and an opportunity to make stupid money. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ_xWvX1n9g

I found this video informative, but it is dense. NFT's are a scam because they are built on cryptocurrency, which is also a scam. I hope they all lose their money and wind up giving blowjobs for pennies under and overpass. But that won't happen. The video makes some parallels to the 2007 housing bubble and that means a few individuals will get obscenely wealthy and the rest of us will have to pay for the damage they did to the economy.

Shiranu

Quote...they are built on cryptocurrency, which is also a scam.

I would like to think so, but banks like J. P. Morgan and businessmen like Mark Cuban have started to get involved in crypto as well... so it looks like it might be here to stay. Time will tell.

While i'm not huge on it in general, it does have some legitimate uses as a gray market/black market currency, so I respect that. Anything that can be used to subvert government attention and taxation has some merit in my opinion.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

the_antithesis

I dunno. When the best use for it is to buy stuff illegally, that doesn't sell me on the concept.