--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 19, 2019, 06:36:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAQ1GJeYK0A

Pinned comment:

"Hey, everyone, the future of this channel is uncertain due to the FTC cracking down on YouTube with COPPA. Unfortunately, even though these videos are obviously not for children, "animated characters and cartoons" are included in the language as "directed at children" which could mean the end of my channel depending on how strict the FTC is going to be about it. They're casting a VERY wide net, including: video games, "stories", vivid colors, toys, cereal, etc. So, a lot of people may be going bye bye. This starts Jan 1st 2020. This video could be the last DarkMatter2525 animation, but I think I'd like to try to squeeze in one more for December. Nothing is set in stone. I might be okay after all, and I may be able to keep animating, but if I'm not okay, and you still want to keep in touch with me, I'll at least still have my DarkAntics channel, and my Twitter and Patreon accounts, and I will announce anything further on those accounts if my DarkMatter2525 channel is deleted (over 10 years of work down the goddamn drain)."

COPPA? What the hell is that?

*Goes to Google*

GODDAMN IT!!!
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

What pisses me off about this coppa thing, coppa is an American federal law, it's laws should not extend to platforms that are world wide, like YouTube. And no it doesn't matter if YouTube head office is in america itself, the service is a world wide protect, who's collective across the build made YouTube as big as it has.

Though it does beg the question, if YouTube now will demonetize you for putting up adult content like sex, swearing and violence, AND for making child appropriate content, then where is the middle man, the apparent safe line these people will let you upload for?

The only thing I can think of are infomercials, DIY/baking shows, and the history channel
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on November 19, 2019, 11:04:54 PM
What pisses me off about this coppa thing, coppa is an American federal law, it's laws should not extend to platforms that are world wide, like YouTube. And no it doesn't matter if YouTube head office is in america itself, the service is a world wide protect, who's collective across the build made YouTube as big as it has.

Though it does beg the question, if YouTube now will demonetize you for putting up adult content like sex, swearing and violence, AND for making child appropriate content, then where is the middle man, the apparent safe line these people will let you upload for?

The only thing I can think of are infomercials, DIY/baking shows, and the history channel

Team America ... World Policeman.  Interpol ... French poofs.

Yes, all your YouTube content etc belong to us.  What about Article II and 13 ... EU dictatorship.  What about Corbyn's nationalization of broadband in GB?  YouTube is Google, and Google is CIA.  Darkmatters should move with the rest of the freedom fighters to Bitchute.  They still allow real Nazis to post there.  YouTube will become a MSM wasteland for the sheeple .. like TV in the 60s.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on November 19, 2019, 11:04:54 PM

It's simple. If you wanna make money on YouTube, be a big television company that doesn't have to follow the same rules as everyone else. Otherwise, beg for Patreon support and hope your channel isn't taken down because of BS copyright claims or some automated system dishing out strikes for no reason.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Sal1981

Or just move to a different platform, lots of other companies/websites are more than willing to provide a more loosely governed alternative to YouTube's stringent service from any scraps that fall off YouTube's proverbial table of alienated users. The most popular alternative to YouTube, currently, is Vimeo, AFAIK, but there are lot others, like Bitchute & Bit.tube. The difference between Vimeo and services like Bitchute, is that they won't follow COPPA regulations I reckon.

Sal1981

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman