News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post Funny Videos

Started by wolf39us, February 20, 2013, 01:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Older Turks would support Ataturk, not Erdogan.  So they are smarter, right?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on November 06, 2018, 01:00:45 PM
Older Turks would support Ataturk, not Erdogan.  So they are smarter, right?

It's far more complicated than that. When there is no real, strong, united opposition votes get divided as you'd guess. But then we don't have just two strong parties to vote for. So it cahnges. There is a barrier here. A party has to pass 10% with votes to get in the parliament.

People vote with strategy over here. For example, millions of Turks vote/voted for the Kurdish party, actually how the party entered the parliament to begin with. Against him and his wing party (far right), so they wouldn't get the most seats. Last elections it was 5,5 million I guess. First time it was 9 or something like that? Voter turnout is around 87-90 %. But then millions of Kurds vote for Erdogan. That's freaking Middle East for ya.

This is something like having an all minority party -an all mexican party?- in the US; in senate and around 20 millions of Americans voting for it, against Trump and Republicans. It makes around 20 million right? I am a math moron.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

"A party has to pass 10% with votes to get in the parliament. "  Gotta prevent balkanization thru excessive sectarianism.  Anatolia back to the Bronze Age, has been the Balkans before there was a Balkans.

We may have an all-Mexican party some day ... if the R & D uni-party continues to be elitist, and ignoring the pull of populism (Trump).  Our rulers don't want to be popular, they want to be monarchial.  They look to Old Europe for inspiration.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on November 07, 2018, 06:16:10 AM
"A party has to pass 10% with votes to get in the parliament. "  Gotta prevent balkanization thru excessive sectarianism.  Anatolia back to the Bronze Age, has been the Balkans before there was a Balkans.

We may have an all-Mexican party some day ... if the R & D uni-party continues to be elitist, and ignoring the pull of populism (Trump).  Our rulers don't want to be popular, they want to be monarchial.  They look to Old Europe for inspiration.

I have no idea what do you mean by balkanization or the rest. But it's about preventing anything that may come in. Fake democracy. Idon't care if a party get 3 or 5 % vote, if people will vote for it, should be in. It's about forcing people to vote for big parties. Fuck that.   
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 07, 2018, 08:06:29 AM
I have no idea what do you mean by balkanization or the rest. But it's about preventing anything that may come in. Fake democracy. Idon't care if a party get 3 or 5 % vote, if people will vote for it, should be in. It's about forcing people to vote for big parties. Fuck that.   

Turkey needs to be monolithic, like Japan - channeling the original Young Turks.  Even in the Bronze Age, Anatolia was multiethnic, multi-lingual.  The collapse of the Hittites were probably the first collapse of a multicultural experiment.  Luwians and other folks there didn't care for Hittite hegemony.  Assyria and Egypt didn't care to help out their enemy either.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

I just subscribed to that channel, I think I like it. Here's another of theirs:

Warning: this may be too scary for some folks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z04M6NhkIKk
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

pr126

Munch

Guess I'll just have to make sure my snowman has a giant snow dick and snow balls then.

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on November 12, 2018, 06:11:37 AM
Not if you make them with yellow snow.

Appropriating E Asian culture!  You monster!

To pr126 and Munch, how many pronouns do snow people have?  Eskimos are supposed to have the most synonyms for snow than anyone else.  Gotta go ask them!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

We're have to start being more progressive, by destroying white snowmen and replacing them with black snowmen.