News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post Funny Videos

Started by wolf39us, February 20, 2013, 01:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 10, 2018, 12:29:22 PM
Nobody is undermining sexual assault on men. What men go through when they're victimized is an entirely different situation. They're dismissed. People think men always want sex, and so can't be sexually assaulted. That is a real concern and should be discussed, but not as a way to shut down discussion about sexual assault on women.

and yet, thats pretty much what the joke there is, female officers shutting down or dismissing a man who was sexually assaulted. I happen to not find that funny anymore then someone making a sketch there the roles were be reversed. Such a sketch would create outrage anyway and get pulled.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Munch on October 10, 2018, 02:07:57 PM
and yet, thats pretty much what the joke there is, female officers shutting down or dismissing a man who was sexually assaulted. I happen to not find that funny anymore then someone making a sketch there the roles were be reversed. Such a sketch would create outrage anyway and get pulled.

I'm not interpreting the skit in the same way. The man in the video wasn't sexually assaulted, he was robbed at knifepoint. This joke is about blaming the victim when an assault is sexual and how ridiculous it sounds to blame victims of other types of crimes, such as theft (by dressing "provocatively wealthy") or online harassment (what font did he use?). The joke would have still worked had the man been a woman who had been robbed, although not as pointedly because women are more frequently sexually assaulted. Another element of the joke is how the detective is androgynous and bland, lest s/he be accused of appearing in any way provocative. I see this skit as skewering attitudes toward sexual assault in general, for example, if a man is sexually assaulted by another man his sexual orientation is called into question: "Are you sure you're not gay? Were you acting in a feminine manner?"

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SXf9-Z3jwk

"Cromwell has so many warts on his face that it's only when he sneezes that you find out which one is his nose."

LOL
God Not Found

Baruch

Cromwell was much closer to being proto-American than King Charles was.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Munch

I would see Rowan Atkinson as the doctor as a sign of hope
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on October 27, 2018, 06:10:46 PM
I would see Rowan Atkinson as the doctor as a sign of hope

Since everything is going feminist, then yes, have the Master as a woman, but looking like Angela Merkel ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

QuoteAs famed American philosopher H.J. Simpson once so eloquently put it, “facts can be used to prove anything that’s even remotely true.” Well, join us today as we discuss 10 studies showing that a not insignificant percentage of the American population believe in everything from lizard people running to world, to HTML being an STD…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALTvVvuOvT0

I'm surprised the number of people who believe God roots for their sports team is not even higher.

https://www.chapman.edu/wilkinson/research-centers/babbie-center/survey-american-fears.aspx
God Not Found

Unbeliever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu2G5zzUP_E

LOL "If rock and roll is the Devil's music - at least he fuckin' jams!"
God Not Found