Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post Funny Videos

Started by wolf39us, February 20, 2013, 01:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 09, 2018, 07:38:49 PM
https://www.facebook.com/BBCOne/videos/10155761998281778/

saw this when it first came on. didn't really find it funny. I get it, its a send up taking a poke at law enforcement saying that about women who were sexually assaulted. But thats horrible when that happens and this is horrible since men can get sexually assaulted too.

So.. nah, didn't find it funny.

rape or sexual assault against anyone is horrible, doesn't matter on the statistics.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 30, 2018, 10:27:20 PM
"Predator"  Just drop the fucking guns, okay? He'll leave you alone!
Predator is a Vietnam metaphor.  So yeah, not shooting at the enemy hidden in the jungle and just going home is probably a good idea.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on October 09, 2018, 08:53:54 PM
saw this when it first came on. didn't really find it funny. I get it, its a send up taking a poke at law enforcement saying that about women who were sexually assaulted. But thats horrible when that happens and this is horrible since men can get sexually assaulted too.

So.. nah, didn't find it funny.

rape or sexual assault against anyone is horrible, doesn't matter on the statistics.

Dafuq? Yes, men are sexually assaulted. And? Women shouldn't complain about how they're treated in sexual assault cases because men suffer too? The hell kinda logic is that? Sounds like the same stupid logic behind people who say "all lives matter" in response to "black lives matter."
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 10, 2018, 01:55:25 AM
Dafuq? Yes, men are sexually assaulted. And? Women shouldn't complain about how they're treated in sexual assault cases because men suffer too? The hell kinda logic is that? Sounds like the same stupid logic behind people who say "all lives matter" in response to "black lives matter."

Everyone complains.  And I would never expect to be treated well by the police, for any reason.  They don't work for me.  But special pleading ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 10, 2018, 01:55:25 AM

If the only way they can complain about how women disregarded in sexual assaults cases is by undermining men who suffered in their own sexual assaults case, then they are disregarding men who have suffered from being sexually assaulted at their own expense.

It's not that hard to see why this is bad -_-

GSOgymrat

The "No clap!" and Brazil topics reminded me of this little diddy which "sums up the essence of a Latin American experience."

https://youtu.be/g6pDP0HLn3Y

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 10, 2018, 01:15:20 AM
Predator is a Vietnam metaphor.  So yeah, not shooting at the enemy hidden in the jungle and just going home is probably a good idea.
I used to kill people for $8.27/day. I don't remember Arnold being around.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 10, 2018, 06:54:57 AM
I used to kill people for $8.27/day. I don't remember Arnold being around.

Have you actually shot and killed anymore while in service?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Munch on October 10, 2018, 06:57:32 AM
Have you actually shot and killed anymore while in service?
From Jan. '70 to March '72 my primary job was bow gunner on river boats. I swung a pair of Browning .50 cal. HMGs, guns that can kill at four miles. (And no, that's not an aimed shot, but they're lethal at that distance if somebody gets unlucky.) I was in combat roughly four hundred of those days, nearly all with fire fights of some degree or other. I did not keep score, if you lay 1500 rounds a minute into a tree line you don't actually see who gets hit most of the time.

I also did combat time later in my career but we won't go into that.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

do you feel that its changed your outlook on things before and after you came back from service?

I never really got to talk to my grandfather about this kinda thing when he served in ww2.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Munch on October 10, 2018, 09:00:56 AM
do you feel that its changed your outlook on things before and after you came back from service?

I never really got to talk to my grandfather about this kinda thing when he served in ww2.
I was happier in combat than I was at home before I joined up.
PZ Myers

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on October 10, 2018, 06:30:44 AM
If the only way they can complain about how women disregarded in sexual assaults cases is by undermining men who suffered in their own sexual assaults case, then they are disregarding men who have suffered from being sexually assaulted at their own expense.

It's not that hard to see why this is bad -_-

Nobody is undermining sexual assault on men. What men go through when they're victimized is an entirely different situation. They're dismissed. People think men always want sex, and so can't be sexually assaulted. That is a real concern and should be discussed, but not as a way to shut down discussion about sexual assault on women.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

It is ridiculous that anyone here supports, supports sexual assault on anyone.  Everything else is virtue signaling and special pleading.  Aka gaining political brownie points.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on October 10, 2018, 09:00:56 AM

My grandfather told me very little about WW II.  And always in narrative style, not first person.  My older brother who was in Nam, told me even less.  But I think he still suffers from PTSD.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.