Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 28, 2018, 10:24:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOAppbN0jdA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTLL_6A2fA0

OMG, Tina Driving was GREAT.  I knew, I KNEW Tina was going to hit that one car.  It was HOW she was going to that was great. 

I once was selling a previous car.  The person who came by said he was "not and experienced driver".  I thought :how bad could it be around the local neighborhood once"?  In 10 seconds, I thought I was going to die!  I literally had to grab the wheel to keep him from hitting a mailbox.  I had to turn off the car, switch places and drive home. 

He said "I think I need lessons".  Yeah, ya think?  I did not realize that anyone could be 30 years old and not understand the basics of driving.  I understood it better when I was 12 pushing a lawn mower!

I donated the car to a charity that promised "full value" on tax returns because they actually gave the cars to families (not just sold them).  And then 6 months later, I got a letter from a towing company 100 miles away asking for $1,000 for storage fees.  Happily, I had the letter from the charity taking ownership and told them to bug off. 

And all this because Tina (and I LOVE Bob's Burgers) couldn't avoid that one car.  LOL!

You made my day, Hydra. 

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

I don't know if this is exactly funny, but I like it anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lALSyYQIZB8
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Hydra009

Quote from: Cavebear on May 29, 2018, 10:12:08 AMHe said "I think I need lessons".  Yeah, ya think?  I did not realize that anyone could be 30 years old and not understand the basics of driving.  I understood it better when I was 12 pushing a lawn mower!
Car-driving is actually pretty complicated.  It's just that most people have mastered so much of it that they do a lot of stuff unconsciously.  For someone who has been poorly trained or not trained, it can be pretty difficult to remember what to do and to be prepared to have to do it in an instant.

Even among people who know how to drive, some people think they have more of a handle on it than they really do and so we get craziness like people trying to text and drive.  If you sat them down and showed them footage of their driving, they'd probably concede that they needed to pay more attention.  But absent a wake up call, nothing's wrong in their minds and they keep on rolling the dice.

Unbeliever

Yeah, it's like Russian roulette with cars, except that it isn't only themselves they'll kill.
God Not Found

pr126

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 31, 2018, 12:24:27 AM
Car-driving is actually pretty complicated.  It's just that most people have mastered so much of it that they do a lot of stuff unconsciously.  For someone who has been poorly trained or not trained, it can be pretty difficult to remember what to do and to be prepared to have to do it in an instant.

Even among people who know how to drive, some people think they have more of a handle on it than they really do and so we get craziness like people trying to text and drive.  If you sat them down and showed them footage of their driving, they'd probably concede that they needed to pay more attention.  But absent a wake up call, nothing's wrong in their minds and they keep on rolling the dice.
I took driver's ed when I was fifteen. When I was done I got a full license at 15.5 years old. My brother was seventeen and had to do two years as a permit driver. I had to be with him when he drove. :snork: Driver's ed made me a better driver than being taught by the Y-donor, I saw his first attempt at teaching bro to drive, the front end of the car suffered.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

God Not Found